Watching Videos on a Mac

Whats the best codec pack and movie player for OSX? I have quicktime, wmp9, and VLC and none of the 3 seems to be able to play an SVCD worth crap...VLC is the only one that will do it at all and all it does is stutter :(

SVCD video format is just MPEG... Ahhh... I don't even want to get into anything technical here. WMP plays VCD and SVCD fine for me, haven't tried to play it with QuickTime. I use Winamp 5 to play all video except MOV (QuickTime) WMV (WMP) and DivX/XviD (DIVX Player). Maybe you just don't have the correct codecs installed? I've never tried playing an SVCD on a Mac, so maybe I'm no help here.

Supposildy this VLC program comes with all the codecs you could every want or need, is there a better codec pack somewhere that i could snag?

Supposildy this VLC program comes with all the codecs you could every want or need, is there a better codec pack somewhere that i could snag?

There are no codec packs on OS X. This is because it is the video players that play back the video. VLC and MPlayer have their video decoding built-in. You may be able to find a codec for Quicktime, but other players don't make use of Quicktime for playback,

I can only play about 25% of all WMV files that I download. Is there a known issue with that?

mplayer/vlc (both are based on ffmpeg) can only play WMA/V files that are older then WM9 Series. New files dont work.