• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Yahoo Beta 6

autodefe    0

Mine uses around 6 megs minimized.. that's without LAUNCHcast playing.

Jase    130

mine is hoging 22 megs just for lil yahoo beta.. :p

bangbang023    31

Well, I definitely think this is a huge step for them. I am an avid AIM user, but I have always known Yahoo's messenger was the best. They have had features that MSN and AIM took years to add on. All in all, it's a great update.

XanDaMan    0

Sucks that, knowing that Y!M's the bes,t but no-one will use it...

But MSN's nicknames that are user/speedily hcnagable keep me with em.

kaffra    16

i know its beta, but yahoo messenger has changed my default search in Ie. I changed the internet search prefrences but its still loading yahoo search.

MCT    0

I downloaded yahoo messenger 6 awhile ago, im not a yahoo fan, but the features were ok

they tried 2 copy off of msn messenger i found, for alot of the GUI

just my 2 cents :D

bangbang023    31
I downloaded yahoo messenger 6 awhile ago, im not a yahoo fan, but the features were ok

they tried 2 copy off of msn messenger i found, for alot of the GUI

just my 2 cents :D

and msn copied alot of the features so they are even.

mipra    0

I have a problem connecting Yahoo with my SMC firewall on..especially with this 6. However, that can be fixed by turning on the FIREWALL W/O PROXY.

dotRoot    1

I tried the YM 6 beta awhile back. Seemed to freeze up sometimes. I don't usually have any problems with my plethora of applications. I don't like the LAUNCH radio. Its too commercialized for my taste and I like the freedom of what you want using ShoutCast and the ShoutCast directory. All for winamp of course. Also I hate emoticons and now I hate the avatar builder. Not that I have to use or see either one given the option, which is a plus.

Also I'd like to mention that I do think that the GUI looks better, but is a bit bloated for my taste. Just my 1 cent.

supernova_00    1

is there a newer version then 6.0.1555 or something because my smilies work, havent froze up, didnt get homepage changed, only using 5mb of ram...but i can't resize the main window

dotRoot    1
is there a newer version then 6.0.1555 or something because my smilies work, havent froze up, didnt get homepage changed, only using 5mb of ram...but i can't resize the main window

Not that I'm aware, that is the same version I used. My smilies did work, but I disabled them. I don't know why the freeze up problem happened to me, but I seem to be the only one. Possibly just some of my security applications and configurations just getting in the way.