Your thoughts on the upcoming

The movie 'THE DAY AFTER TOMMORROW' looks pretty interesting. It is a lot like the Armenggdon movie.

What really surpises me that the goverment has told NASA to 'hush hush' about this movie.

So I ask you when it comes out

Where will you be?

I think I might have to go see this :)

UltimaCJ

I really enjoy movies like this... although it's a bit scary to think what kind of amazing disaster could occur that would threaten humanity. I think in general it's disconcerting to imagine our way of life radically changed like that.

Looks like every disaster flick compacted into one :sleep:

NASA had to 'hush hush' about this movie? Huh?

government asked them "Not to display their opinions about this movie".

I'm guessing they're afraid people will panic........?

Dunno

UltimaCJ

world of ultimacj

^^^

Uh, you got a link to an article about this? I'm pretty skeptical about the gov. telling NASA to be quiet; regardless, all NASA would say anyway would be how inaccurate the movie is, or something like that.

^^^

Uh, you got a link to an article about this? I'm pretty skeptical about the gov. telling NASA to be quiet; regardless, all NASA would say anyway would be how inaccurate the movie is, or something like that.

well not everyone at NASA has the same views...

i mean really...they pretty divided on things....everyone comes from different backgrounds...

some appointed by the repressive regime....others from people who just say experiment...

basically GWB Jr/party don't want them to comment because it might hurt their political grounds/environmental things....espeicially when Oilboy wants to dig in Alaska.... :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing this up but hey.

The gov told nasa to "hush hush" cause they dont want the public to know this could happen very easily (a lot of good it did) also tha fact that a government office shouldnt be making offical press releases about a movie

Yet another disaster engulfs a city movie....psh, I'll pass.

correction: Yet another disaster engulfs an American US City Movie

i saw no preview showing other world cities....im sick of every god damn ****ing movie about distruction of world focusing on USA....the only one recentlly not focusing on us was "The Core"....even the Meteor movies were USA based(Armageddon....everyone was American...the people allowed on the mission were American...heaven forbid they include others knowledgeable about drilling/excetera to expand the story........Deep Inpact...i think they all were American too)

i saw no preview showing other world cities....im sick of every god damn ****ing movie about distruction of world focusing on USA....the only one recentlly not focusing on us was "The Core"....even the Meteor movies were USA based(Armageddon....everyone was American...the people allowed on the mission were American...heaven forbid they include others knowledgeable about drilling/excetera to expand the story........Deep Inpact...i think they all were American too)

what about the RUSSIAN space station.. "touch nothing..."

The movie 'THE DAY AFTER TOMMORROW' looks pretty interesting.  It is a lot like the Armenggdon movie.

What really surpises me that the goverment has told NASA to 'hush hush' about this movie.

So I ask you when it comes out

Where will you be?

I think I might have to go see this :)

UltimaCJ

actually its not about armaggedon or the end of the world. Its about the fact that there was once a big set of storms and disasters that transformed the earth for it to support life. Another such event is happening in the move. The cause for it this time as the movie explains it is global warming. They dont come out and call it global warming from what ive heard (forgot what they call it in the move) they call it something more suttle so the enviromenta types dont get ****y about the movie :p

It's like every other US-made movie:

The World = The U.S.

Wether it's going to be destroyed, attacked, held hostage by terrorists, whatever.

95% of Movies from the U.S. tell stories that happen in the U.S.

Nothing new, no big deal.

It's like every other US-made movie:

The World = The U.S.

Wether it's going to be destroyed, attacked, held hostage by terrorists, whatever.

95% of Movies from the U.S. tell stories that happen in the U.S.

Nothing new, no big deal.

uh...we didn't ask to be the most dominant country in the world. Don't get me wrong, I have a deep respect for most nations, and would love to travel and visit most of them, but this thread is not about knocking the U.S. - so don't turn it into that.

Thanks.

uh...we didn't ask to be the most dominant country in the world. Don't get me wrong, I have a deep respect for most nations, and would love to travel and visit most of them, but this thread is not about knocking the U.S. - so don't turn it into that.

Thanks.

I wasn't even thinking about that possible interpretation of my post :huh:

I've got nothing against the U.S. - if that's how that post sounded to you, I apologize.

I wasn't even thinking about that possible interpretation of my post :huh:

I've got nothing against the U.S. - if that's how that post sounded to you, I apologize.

No problem. I am actually going to go see this movie tonight. I wouldn't have cared what country it was based on, I would still go see it. It's one of the few good ones out there right now.

welp, it was sold out. Guess I'm gonna have to wait until Monday to see it

Still looks like a neat movie