3 questions about Opera...

I have 3 questions about Opera:

#1. Is there anyway to disable the download manager to just have a standard download without opening a new tab?

#2. Is there anyway to make/add new buttons to the toolbar (ie. a clear cache button or an AIM button)

#3. Is there anyway to move the tabs toolbar under the address toolbar in the new Beta?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by tlogank

Question #1:

Open your transfer window (Window>Special>transfers) and then click on the 'View' button. You'll see 'pop up transfer window on transfer'. Uncheck it...

Question #2: To my knowlege you can only add what it allows you to in the 'Customize Toolbars' windows. Just right click in your toolbar and click on 'Customize Toolbars'.

Question #3: Dunno, but you can check by going to View>Page bar in the menu.

I'm still using 7.23 but I'll download the beta now and see how that is.

Cheers :happy:

Wow...quite a bit has changed on the new beta. Just follow the basics to what I already posted. You'll find what you're looking for i'm sure.

Question #1:

Open your transfer window (Window>Special>transfers) and then click on the 'View' button. You'll see 'pop up transfer window on transfer'. Uncheck it...

is it going to turn downloads into "IE type" or just not show transfers window?

hmm, thanks for the help. The transfer thing works now, I just wish I could @least see it downloading though rather than it be totally in the background. Perhaps a small window or something. I might try a descent download manager software.

MxxCon, it wasn't like IE, but it does have a Firefox-type pop-up @ the bottom alerting you when the download was finished.

Yes, a lot has changed in the Beta...but I think all for the better. It seems a lot faster than it did before as well.

#2. Is there anyway to make/add new buttons to the toolbar (ie. a clear cache button or an AIM button)

If you can code your function into a webpage, then you can do it. You can add bookmarks under your panels, you see. For example:

damn, i thought that moving general down would mean people would find the RIGHT forum before they just post it here.

damn, guess not.

moved to software discussion :s

hmm, thanks for the help.  The transfer thing works now, I just wish I could @least see it downloading though rather than it be totally in the background.  Perhaps a small window or something.  I might try a descent download manager software.

MxxCon, it wasn't like IE, but it does have a Firefox-type pop-up @ the bottom alerting you when the download was finished.

Yes, a lot has changed in the Beta...but I think all for the better.  It seems a lot faster than it did before as well.

The Transfers button has a timer on it, and there is a pop-up alert in the lower left corner. Yes, you can create custom buttons of any kind. There's even a "My Buttons" section in the customize toolbars options.

Galley, I see the option of My Buttons there, but how do I add one? I tried to drag there, and all it did was try to open it. Have you done it before?

Also, Chode, can you send or show me a copy of the .ini file and how you coded that? Thanks!