WindowsXP doesn't enable standby on Laptop

I have a laptop which specifications are:

Uniwill model 340S2

SiS 630S chipset, P3 850, 320MB, 10GB HD, Sis VGA, SiS sound, Sis Ethernet, 56K modem, DVD,14,1TFT

I installed Windows XP and although in device manager the PC is recognized as ACPI system, the standby mode is anavailable!!!

I cannot put it in standby mode, but i can in hibernation..

The funny is that few months ago, i installed WinXP 2474 and it worked normally, and i remember in Power settings i selectted APM (something like that)

Is there any solution for this?

uh...I have my laptop next to me and it has WinXP (2600) and the standby mode is there.

Laptop Specs:

- P3 1GHz

- 128Mb SyncDRAM

- 20Gb HDD

- 56Kbps Modem

- 10/100BaseT Ehternet Adaptor

- 14.1" TFT Screen

- 8x DVD Player

- 8Mb onBoard Graphics

Check your build number by using the winver command in Start/Run. The 1st four numbers should be 2600.

Originally posted by DjmUK  

uh...I have my laptop next to me and it has WinXP (2600) and the standby mode is there.

Laptop Specs:

- P3 1GHz

- 128Mb SyncDRAM

- 20Gb HDD

- 56Kbps Modem

- 14.1" TFT Screen

- 8x DVD Player

- 8Mb onBoard Graphics

Check your build number by using the winver command in Start/Run. The 1st four numbers should be 2600.

That laptop must have cost you a packet!

Just curious, do you have PC133 or PC100 SDRAM?

um...good question, I'm not sure how to find out. But it didn't actually cost that much, ?1,299 (which isn't bad at all) and I've had it for 6 months now :bandit:

If there's a way I can find out my memory speed then I'll let you know:ninja::

• 3 years later...

hello !

I've got a 340S2 modell and had some problems with Win XP

Thought it was the Hardware, and after a while I found some actual BIOS adn Drivers for the model

http://www.freewebs.com/notebooksite/

Sometimes this site is down, but after I finished downloads, the 340S2 was working perfectly.

Also tried loading from the manufacturer website, but somehow connections failed after some time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Check for the chipset update had it been a Dell desktop u could consider visiting a link that might help under >>>> quick downloads >>> System drivers

www.Snipr.com/idell

Laptop Specs:

- P3 1GHz

- 128Mb SyncDRAM

- 20Gb HDD

- 56Kbps Modem

- 14.1" TFT Screen

- 8x DVD Player

- 8Mb onBoard Graphics