• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gmail Invite

preducer    0

give it to me then... lol.

amir    0
booooo (N)

:/

FiREFLi    0
Anyone want a fileplanet paid account for gmail invite? pm me :)

I've PMd you. Interested.

GNRambo    0

I can wait till it comes out :yes: :D :)

phantomAI    0

I forgot I had an orkut account...those of you who are using g-mail, how is it?

FiREFLi    0

its good. havent really experimented with features really. i suppose im abusing the priviledge of having a beta account, i barely use it. :$ :p

one cool feature is that email "conversations" (where you just reply and reply and reply etc...) actually sppear like conversations with collapsable msgs so you just see the first email and the last email... good feature. (Y)

One annoying thing is that you have to log in every time you close browser, no cookies (yet, im hoping this is just a beta thing) :( (N)

also, if you sign up with "joebloggs@gmail.com" emails addressed to the following addresses will also make their way to your inbox:

joe.bloggs@gmail.com

j..o.eblo......g..gs@gmail.com

joebloggs+isthebest@gmail.com

joeblogss+is.the.best@gmail.com

j.....oeb..lo...g...s+is..the.be.st@gmail.com

joebloggs+spam.in.here@gmail.com

also, an extremely powerful feature. (Y)

and then theres the matter of having 1,000 megabytes of storage (Y)(Y)(Y)

Xylene    0

Oh oh oh!! Invite me!!

TheDreamX    0

Damn, I should never have said I had invitations. Now I'm getting PM's every few minutes. Anyway, if you are reading this, I am not going to give the invites to people I don't know so stop messaging me. Thank you.

As for my opinions on it, I find it really annoying to use because it is true web-mail. I have had accounts like this before, but I have always found ways to get the e-mail through a mail client. However, I have been unsuccessful with Gmail. I don't like going to website and typing my name/password in everytime. 1 GB ain't bad though.

trigger_my_passion    0

heh. I thought about PMing you but then stopped and thought for a while. Decided against it.

phantomAI    0

I can't edit my post, but I anyone invites me to gmail, I can also invite you to orkut. Thanks for the description TheDreamX, also does anyone know when gmail will be public?

shihchiun    2

pm me if you want me to send you an invite. please include your email address. i was going to give them to my friends but it seems they already have gmail accounts ;)

@TheDreamX: they've said that they will eventually have pop3 access, so just wait a bit.. it's still in beta.

Edit: out of invites, please do not message me anymore. sorry to those that didn't get one! :)

trigger_my_passion    0

shihchiun, PMed you. Thanks ;)

Kevin Leclair    0
pm me if you want me to send you an invite. please include your email address. i was going to give them to my friends but it seems they already have gmail accounts ;)

@TheDreamX: they've said that they will eventually have pop3 access, so just wait a bit.. it's still in beta.

Just pm'd you. Thanks!

MikeCoz    0

yup i pm'd too! i'm waiting for a response... this is gonna be awesome! :)

TDavid    0

Edit: out of invites, please do not message me anymore

Just sent ya a PM also. I will list your URL on one of our websites as thanks and to send ya some traffic if you have a GMail invite left for me ;)

Update: shihchiun told me the invites are gone :( If anybody else has any the deal stands for the first person to send me an invite.

Kevin Leclair    0

He said,

"Edit: out of invites, please do not message me anymore"

the_a2    0

Lol. Why don't all you people try www.spymac.com... Spymac also give 1 GB Free Email Service + 100 Mb Webspace (i think its higher than 100 MB) etc...

pmendu    0

Can someone invitie me too .. mvprashanth@hotmail.com

MikeCoz    0

:cry: no more!!

@the_a2 i want to try out the google design. its so simple and fast where spymac feels chunky. also @gmail.com is def. cooler then @spymac.com ;)

TDavid    0

Oh and I also have an Orkut account and will send an Orkut invite to the person who gives me a GMail invite, assuming he/she wants one of course :)

Hardice    0

Does gmail have webspace like spymac? Also i would greatly appreciate if someone would invite me too at "Nephi_Power@yahoo.com"

Zetter    0
Does gmail have webspace like spymac?

Nope

shihchiun    2
Does gmail have webspace like spymac? Also i would greatly appreciate if someone would invite me too at "Nephi_Power@yahoo.com"

No.

Hardice    0

I was also wonder i have heard of IMAP but what is it?