Xp Wallpaper

hey, i was wondering if there was anyway for someone to either create, or if it exists, post a link to the default XP wallpaper shown here..., except in a form to match the silver theme. Ive seen a grey version of this backround, but its kind of dull. Im looking for a vivrant shade of silver like the one used in the theme. If someone could do this, or post a link to it id appreciate it

Originally posted by josh1014  

hey, i was wondering if there was anyway for someone to either create, or if it exists, post a link to the default XP wallpaper shown here..., except in a form to match the silver theme.  Ive seen a grey version of this backround, but its kind of dull.  Im looking for a vivrant shade of silver like the one used in the theme.  If someone could do this, or post a link to it id appreciate it

:D I have modified the one you posted in Photoshop 6 (great program :)) and I hope you like it.

I can't attach it because it is a bit too big 148KB :)

So I just uploaded it to my webserver.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/cable/windowsxpsilver.jpg

yes i agree about that... u can do that simply in about 30 seconds by desaturating, then upping the brightness...

keeping the logo there is pretty easy, it's getting the background to look all shiny like the silver theme that'll take a lil time. That's what I belive the original poster wants =)

i'll try and create one later. keep working with photoshop though... it's like that motto from that old game (dang i forgot what that game was haha =p) "a minute to learn, a lifetime to master". actaully, this takes a while to learn. ahh screw it.

I couldn't get the colour back into the XP icon, i thried copying from other windows logos but it looks too bodgey :D

I didn't just turn the image into greyscale, it still has a bit of blue in it.

It matches the silver theme pretty well, but I do agree it needs a tad of colour in the icon.

...maybe someone else could try?... :)

this kind of thing gets to me..aco was doing him a favour by trying. its simple to cut up what he did but i dont see either of you doing anything to help this person out. give aco some credit for trying to be a helpful guy.

hey man, i wasn't blasting aco or anything, i was just handing down some contructive criticism here. I didn't say anything that he did was bad, sheesh... just tryin to help him out a lil... not the i'm the photshop god or anything, but I also listened to what he said and was prepairig a reply for both people. sheesh man =p

come on get happy like the partridge family :p

sorry if i came across that way aco, i think it was cool u tried to help him out

Originally posted by khaos34  

hey man, i wasn't blasting aco or anything, i was just handing down some contructive criticism here. I didn't say anything that he did was bad, sheesh... just tryin to help him out a lil... not the i'm the photshop god or anything, but I also listened to what he said and was prepairig a reply for both people. sheesh man =p

come on get happy like the partridge family :p  

sorry if i came across that way aco, i think it was cool u tried to help him out

No probs khaos34 :),

I just wish I could colourize the XP symbol without it looking ****!

Too time consuming.

thanks a lot of trying to make me a backround. im gonna use it for now but maybe ill try to figure somethin out with photoshop, its pretty good but as some of u said, brighter and more vivrant, and also not deteriorating the Windows XP part would make it better, thx for the effort tho and hopefully one of u can figure out how to do this for me

those silvers are a lot better, but what i was more concerned with is the brightness and sharpness of the silver, not of the Windows XP part that much. hehe, im probably ****ing u all off but if u dont feel liking trying to help, dont worry about it.

Green's my favourite colour, but I'm going to use the blue wallpaper for my Windows XP desktop theme! Speaking of that, does anyone know where I can download pointers, sound effects, and screensavers for Windows XP?