The "Philadelphia Experiment"

Okay I must be the only one who saw the movie

i've also seen things online about it, and on the History Channel/discovery/tlc....whatever...

things they said/naval officers said: the ship disappeared, there was a greenlike fog/flash during the 67 seconds(?), the ship also supposelly teleported....not just around/but through time(in the movie, they went through time to the future i think...or past...i can't remember)---there were also reports a few years ago(1980's?) that the ship appeared(with green smoke and all for a time)....the shipmates: some were fine, others dizzy, some insane, some were through some parts of the hull...(also stated in that link above)

if you remember correctlly Tesla's stuff(notes/everything) has thought to been destroyed, and in consipricy reasons too...(communist! yellers)....hes also the man if you remember the idea of an infinite energy source....or where you have a machine that looses no energy/produces more energy than possible?.....

the experiment was to make the ship invisible to radar/sight....so obvosully ment to bend things(light)

this was all sorta shown in the movie, the movie is rarelly shown on tv(not sure if easy to find anywhere)....might hit the History channel and AMC on occassion...

also if you look there are 3 parts to that story in post number one above:

http://www.spiritual-endeavors.org/abilities/

there is a part 2 and 3...

Some of you people actually believing this stuff should go buy and read some Hawkings books. Enough of his books are written easy enough for anyone to grasp an idea about all this spacetime (bending) shiat to understand that this Philadephia experiment stuff is complete bull.

I have the book by Charles Berlitz. Have to say that was not rivetting as the author claimed it would be. In the book, a guy called Carlos Allende(who was a sailor on the ship) contacted Morris Jessup, a prof. and he started the investigation. Then, Berlitz claims that Allende has dissapeared and with him all information leading to this investigation.

All-in-all, a book on horse-manure would have been much better than this. :p

Reminds me strongly of that Bermuda triangle story, with this massive cube thing in the night, the boat going through it while the radar picks it as a mass of land, and the thing disappearing in the morning... But at least this had moderate interesting value, whereas I could have written that story about a boat and people in various positions through the walls. And I'm a sh*t writer.

Some of you people actually believing this stuff should go buy and read some Hawkings books. Enough of his books are written easy enough for anyone to grasp an idea about all this spacetime (bending) shiat to understand that this Philadephia experiment stuff is complete bull.

But those are theories... Not actual fact. So... anything is possible. Only way you would know the truth is if you were there or the one who made the story. So... who knows...

A lot of these "theories" in his books have support by experiments, especially those around the theory of relativity. Considering how much experimental support there's for Einsteins theory, it's a wonder why it's still called a theory, because a lot of practical appliances make use of that theory, including the highly accurate GPS satelites. And the Philadephia stuff is about relativity theory.

I've heard about this experiment a long time ago, but no one else seems to know about it. finally, i find out that i am not alone. But what i heard was a little different. They wanted to test out the effects of an extremely strong magnetic field. When they turned it on, the ship did not go invisible. it simply vanished. they found the ship a few miles from where it used to be. Half the crew was dead and the other half turned insane.

It's all BS.

The ship supposedly used was later sold to greece or something so it wasn't that important, there were plenty of crew members alive from the ship and several people and books have already debunked all the romourse by contacting those, and saying that the philedelphia experiment was some kind of precursor to the stealth is just totally insane because the F-117 doesn't do anything funky to go invisible it's just built from a different material and uses certain shapes to reflect radar, it has nothing to do with crazy Einstein theries.

The Philidelphia Experiment has been proven false time and time again yet like any entertaining story just refuses to die, people's desire to believe in the unlikely always has a way of overshadowing the facts and that's just what's happening now.

If you must know the term invisible was was they meant when they magnetically deguassed the ship which was supposed to aid in making the ship "invisible" to mines in the ocean, not invisible to everything or traveling time or anything.

I have the book by Charles Berlitz. Have to say that was not rivetting as the author claimed it would be. In the book, a guy called Carlos Allende(who was a sailor on the ship) contacted Morris Jessup, a prof. and he started the investigation. Then, Berlitz claims that Allende has dissapeared and with him all information leading to this investigation.

All-in-all, a book on horse-manure would have been much better than this. :p

:rolleyes: 'Carlos Allende' was Carl Allen, a con man from Pennsylvania. His father exposed his papers years ago to an investergator.

:rolleyes: 'Carlos Allende' was Carl Allen, a con man from Pennsylvania. His father exposed his papers years ago to an investergator.

it was said that he had split personalities. another reason why when i saw this on tv i thought it was fake, i know nothing about the stuff being discussed here but i think all that stuff was bull, it was interesting tho, stuff that is hard and/or nearly impossible to prove is most of the time pretty interesting....

gravity cant bend light

the only thing that can bend light is a black hole

because it warps space

if indeed they managed to create a magnetic field with enough force to bend space

it would draw everything into it like a black hole which would give it more mass which then in tun would

give it the ability to draw more matter into it thus making it more dense and giving it more of a graviational force. so it could draw even more mass towards it

etc etc etc

to become invisable you must either move light around the object or travel faster than it

you canot bend light around something without destroying everything in a large radius

at least thats my standpoint as a sixteen year old boy

gravity cant bend light

the only thing that can bend light is a black hole

because it warps space

if indeed they managed to create a magnetic field with enough force to bend space

it would draw everything into it like a black hole which would give it more mass which then in tun would

give it the ability to draw more matter into it thus making it more dense and giving it more of a graviational force. so it could draw even more mass towards it

etc etc etc

to become invisable you must either move light around the object or travel faster than it

you canot bend light around something without destroying everything in a large radius

at least thats my standpoint as a sixteen year old boy

And I suppose gravity had nothing to do with blackholes?

http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/gr/public/bh_intro.html

I'm no expert, but I could have sworn gravity had something to do with them...

gravity is the reason for the bending of space

and as space bends the light bends with it

i belive it is likened to placing a small heavy object on a duvet

the object makes a dent in the duvet

this is what bends light