incoming/outgoing yahoo mail servers

You have to set up your yahoo account for pop3

go to your yahoo inbox

click options select pop3 and it should tell you the servers when you do that.

where in there?...there's an option called 'check other POP mail'...which doesn't show me the yahoo incoming/outgoing servers...and another one...POP access & forwarding...which won't load..

I believe Yahoo does not give POP3 e-mail account... However, it allow your Yahoo mail account to check POP3 e-mail at other server and download it to itself... this way you don't have to set the other e-mail account to forward it to Yahoo account...

Can I use Netscape, Eudora, or Outlook to send and read my Yahoo! Mail?

Yahoo! offers POP access to Yahoo! Mail as a free feature exclusively for Yahoo! Delivers members. If you agreed to receive special offers in your mailbox when you registered for Yahoo! Mail, you're automatically a member of Yahoo! Delivers.

If you're not sure if you're a member of Yahoo! Delivers, and you're currently signed into your account, check your status on this page. If you aren't signed into your account, you can check your status or become a Yahoo! Delivers member by doing the following:

Sign into your Yahoo! Mail account.

Click on "Options" on the left-hand navigation bar.

Click on "Yahoo! Delivers" on the Options Page.

Click "Yes" under Sign Up.

Fill out the rest and click the "Finished" button.

Once you've completed these steps, you're ready to set up your Yahoo! Mail account so you can read your messages on the Web and also through another email program. Click on "Options" and then on POP Access & Forwarding and follow the directions on the screen.

Remember, you can always visit the Yahoo! Mail interface whenever you like, even if you're receiving your messages using POP.

Outlook Express allows you to add a new email account to your existing profile. This means you do not have to replace your current settings in order to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages. Here's how:

From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."

Select the "Mail" tab.

Click the "Add" button.

From the Add menu, click "Mail."

In the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and click "Next."

In the Email Address box, type your Yahoo! Mail address (be sure to include "@yahoo.com") and click "Next."

Under "My incoming mail server is a..." select "POP3."

Type "pop.mail.yahoo.com" in the Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) Server box.

Type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server box.

Click "Next."

In the Account Name box, type your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com").

In the Password box, type your Yahoo! Mail password.

If you want Outlook Express to remember your password, check the "Remember password" box.

Do not check the boxes labeled "Log on using Secure..."

Click "Next."

Click "Finish."

Important: The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server now requires authentication. To turn this setting on:

Select the "Mail" tab.

Double-click the account labeled "pop.mail.yahoo.com."

Select the "Servers" tab.

Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication."

Click "OK."

To control deletion of messages from the Yahoo! Mail Server:

Select the "Mail" tab.

Double-click the account labeled "pop.mail.yahoo.com."

Select the "Advanced" tab.

In the Delivery section at the bottom of the window, check "Leave a copy of messages on server" if you want to save your Yahoo! Mail messages on the Yahoo! Mail server as well as on your local computer. Do not check this box if you want your messages to be deleted from the Yahoo! Mail server once you have received them in Outlook Express.

there are servers for yahoo e-mail accounts. i believe that the incoming is pop.mail.yahoo.com and that the smtp is smtp.mail.yahoo.com. It is possible to have it set like this because I once had it set to read my yahoo mail through OE. I hated having to go through yahoo.com each time i wanted to check my e-mail. Try that, and it should work

It is pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.out.yahoo.com

but you have to enable your account

yahoo does offer free pop3 access but you have to enable it inyour options