The End Of the Oil Age?

yea it is more or less true, the only differenece i think is the timeline, might want to add or subtract a couple of years since china is becoming more industrialized every day, and using alot more oil which further depletes the reserves.

also i already am planing for the day when the oil runs out, i figure i have just enough time to finish school, find a job for 5-10 years, and save up for lots of camping, hunting, and gardening equipment so i can go live in the woods.

there isn't much hope when the Bush's Energy Adviser, Matthew Simmons says

The solution is to pray

no ****. how about trying to cut back on how much oil you use or investing in alternate fuel research instead

Warning: If you can't handle having your view of the future completely broken, leave this site now.

Sounds a lot like propaganda :rolleyes:

A very interesting read, but as EmuZombie said, it sounds a lot like propoganda.

this is real....and has been known since the Carter Administration(in fact mentioning it will make you loose an election)

and its not running out of oil

its running out of Affordible Oil....

its also thought that we may have hit it already but supposelly not suppose to notice untill 4-10 years after its hit....

also pay attention to the War in Iraq...were not there to help the people there, and when the Genenome bombs are perfected enough...you can kiss anyone in oil areas goodbye....and America will surelly keep that oil...

What is really hard to believe about this?, I mean sure some of this is propaganda but allot of it is also based on fact and common sense, we use(as the world) how many millions upon millions barrels of oil each and every day?, it is really a staggering amount if you think about it and that supply WILL end one day!, The world is addicted to petroleum and that type of fuel is NON-RENEWABLE and we really need to as a people find a cheap and renewable fuel source, which I know I will not see anytime in the foreseeable future because of greedy goverments and oil companies but I can promise you that when that day comes when we tap the last of the oil reserves the world will not be prepared and society itself will feel the effects on this decards to come.

<my head hurts>

Sure, there is a "oil need" and a "production shortage" - but just like most stories...things get blown WAY out of purportion.

I can't believe I read all of that site.

But it sounds like scary stuff. :o

nah - nothing to worry about. We're in good hands...Bush is the man for the job. Now if you put Kerry in there, things could get scary...

Dan! Help, I'm scared; hold me! :blush:

Yes, my brother. I shall save you from the "Oil Massacre!"

RUN DOUG RUN!

<my head hurts>

Sure, there is a "oil need" and a "production shortage" - but just like most stories...things get blown WAY out of purportion.

Yeah just like the millenium bug, Weapons of Mass Distruction. But yeah the oil will eventually run out but not in most of the members life times.

yea it is more or less true, the only differenece i think is the timeline, might want to add or subtract a couple of years since china is becoming more industrialized every day, and using alot more oil which further depletes the reserves.

also i already am planing for the day when the oil runs out, i figure i have just enough time to finish school, find a job for 5-10 years, and save up for lots of camping, hunting, and gardening equipment so i can go live in the woods.

yeah that sounds like plan . . . . sheesh :rolleyes: :laugh:

whats not to believe about an oil shortage. yes there are something that are questionable in the write up, but they are mostly worst case scenarios. but the fact does remain that at current oil usage and growth oil WILL run out within 25-30 years, and only available for the military and very rich after 20-25. this is why conservation is needed to prolong that timeline so reliable renewable fuel resources are developed and the infrastructure is created to support them. one solution that will help out alot is dont by those damm SUV's, buy a more economical car or even a hybrid. there is no need for a vehicle that gets 10 miles per gallon just to drive around the city and take the kids to soccer practice.

nah - nothing to worry about. We're in good hands...Bush is the man for the job. Now if you put Kerry in there, things could get scary...

Surely you jest. Bush is the man for the job? What, is he going to magically pull a few billion barrels of oil out of his ass or something?

Theres nothing any of us can do.. what really needs to happen is for fuel & motor companies to start HEAVILY investing in alternative technologies and actually making them affordable & mass producable.

I'd say being able to run diesel cars on vegetable oil with some kind of spirit in there is a pretty good starting block? Surely we could mass produce the vegetables needed to develop that oil...

whats not to believe about an oil shortage. yes there are something that are questionable in the write up, but they are mostly worst case scenarios. but the fact does remain that at current oil usage and growth oil WILL run out within 25-30 years, and only available for the military and very rich after 20-25. this is why conservation is needed to prolong that timeline so reliable renewable fuel resources are developed and the infrastructure is created to support them. one solution that will help out alot is dont by those damm SUV's, buy a more economical car or even a hybrid. there is no need for a vehicle that gets 10 miles per gallon just to drive around the city and take the kids to soccer practice.

we won't run out of oil... :wacko: