Tiger is coming

Will we see more 64bit code into Tiger? The G5 is realy cool but realy under used right now.... I know that Apple will want OS X to work with G3,G4 but they must put more energy in the G5 too.

It's nice to have more features, eye candy and all, but G5 PowerMac cost a lot of money..... Please give us OS X 64 Bits!!!

Is it going to take Apple the same aount of time Microsoft is taking with XP 64 Bits?

hmmm...i heard that osx 10.6 was gonna be called 'domestic short-haired housecat.' can't wait!

One of these days they really need to name a release "Egyptian Mau" (which is what one of my cats is). :D :blink: :rofl:

Will we see more 64bit code into Tiger? The G5 is realy cool but realy under used right now.... I know that Apple will want OS X to work with G3,G4 but they must put more energy in the G5 too.

It's nice to have more features, eye candy and all, but G5 PowerMac cost a lot of money..... Please give us OS X 64 Bits!!!

Is it going to take Apple the same aount of time Microsoft is taking with XP 64 Bits?

The way I understand it, Panther already has support for running 64-bit apps on a G5. The entire OS does NOT have to be compiled as 64-bit to achieve this (contrary to what many people seem to believe). I mean, exactly how would Preview or TextEdit beneift from 64-bit support?