Who thinks WAREZ is STUPID!!!

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks WAREZ is STUPID!!!

• Warez is a steaming pile of poo!
    • I'm a warez kiddie and/or i don't mind it

Personally I hate large scale software piracy and I hate that countries particularly in Asia get everything pirated from movies to software and the goverments haven't done much to stop it.

Photoshop and 3D Max do what there supposed to and the professionals who need them usually can afford them.

Windows on the other hand ....:bandit:

Most companies and honest citizens.

I agree massive piracy should be stopped, and it should definetly be illegal to sell other peoples software. Personally I think all software should MUCH less expensive for personal use, but not for businesses. It's stupid to have to pay hundreds of dollars (more than the system its on in some cases) to buy one stupid piece of software.

warez is a real complex topic... the thing that the feds should really be after is not the places on the internet in which you can obtain certain material, noting that in certain countries you can get windows XP + corp patch for less than $2 at a retail computer store... It's real unfortunate that it boils down to that.

i think its crap when its in large scale, with a whole bunch of ftps, and all the people that collect every piece of illegal software they can so they can think their all badass, i personally do it, but not so much as getting everything i can, i get a program for the sole purpose of testing it, i have it gone within at least a month, and if i like the program, i do the best to buy it, i cannot buy really expensive programs, im on a high school student income, and cannot/will not get warez that is 600, let alone 6000, i know i wont buy it, and for the most part try it once, thats just my thoughts, ladr

tis a confusing topic indeed, i belive warez are bad, but then again if prices weren't so high.. well i probley still wouldn't by it.. but.. im sure other people would instead of downloading the warez..

Personally I think all software should MUCH less expensive for personal use, but not for businesses.

Business will always make their money somehow. If they can't afford the software then maybe they'll decide they can't afford the guy using it.

Simple business, if purchases go up, prices can go down. Most of software costs are from development not from manufacturing. If everyone bought it, prices could be and would be cheaper.

im 15 and know how to use 3dsmax flash dremaweaver and photoshop(some pirated software) but tell me this i wanna become a web designer and how would i do it with $8k worth of software i mean you would have to be rich to become a webdesigner and if your rich why would you wantr a job like that ? if i coul dafford it i would buy it but at 15 i cant afford it and will stick to warez.

im 15 and know how to use 3dsmax flash dremaweaver and photoshop(some pirated software) but tell me this i wanna become a web designer and how would i do it with $8k worth of software i mean you would have to be rich to become a webdesigner and if your rich why would you wantr a job like that ? if i coul dafford it i would buy it but at 15 i cant afford it and will stick to warez.

Not everybody can own their own business straight out of school. Get a job at a company that can afford the software. Save your money for a few years. Then try going into business for yourself.

Originally posted by Pyro

will stick to warez.

wonder if the feds are tracking every poster's IP, or even if the topic starter is a fed to attract warez p33ps

Originally posted by Pyro

Very good point :bandit:

wonder if the feds are tracking every poster's IP, or even if the topic starter is a fed to attract warez p33ps
I'm from Canada and I'm a student.

Anyways they don't hunt down downloaders as much as the people who host and pirate it.

EDIT: OOH!!! Lookie my post number for this one! Fluke or coincidence???

I think my answer may be kind of two sided in that while I don't support wide-spread piracy and such, I have no problems per say in letting close family and friends borrow/use software I own.

That said I do think software companies deserve to be paid for their work, as it takes time and effort to create even the simplest of some programs. I however don't think that software should cost as much as it does, honestly Photoshop and Dreamweaver are way too expensive (especially now that you can get cany single Visual Studio.NET application, as in VB or C#, for around $100). I think that alot of piracy happens simply because software costs too much for certain areas (such as web and graphic design), for those who are starting out to afford. True most professionals can afford the costs, as can many medium to large size businesses... but does that mean software should be sold at the highest cost it someone will pay for it? Of course that is more of an ethical question than anything else.

I guess this is why open source software is gaining popularity outside fo the "geek" community, as it is either free or generally very low cost. At this point the ideal market for open source to fill is in the consumer and small business markets.

Originally posted by Goalie_CA

Simple business, if purchases go up, prices can go down. Most of software costs are from development not from manufacturing. If everyone bought it, prices could be and would be cheaper.

and us alot poorer

Yous are saying that software like windows or blah blah is too expensive and then you warez it, then your complain about asian countries selling it on a cd for $2.

Well lets say vietnam, you know how much you make a day? $1-3 for long hours something like 7am to 8pm , but that isnt just spending money, its money to put food in your mouth and a roof to stay under. A bizness couldnt afford it, let alone personal use.

What is wrong with yous people, if you can do warez, why cant others huh?