[Gentoo] 2.6.5-r1 and HPT375 RAID

Has anyone had any luck getting a RAID volume mounted? I've tried following some of the examples on Gentoo forums, but they don't really apply to my particular need. I already have a RAIDed volume that existed before my Linux install, and I want to mount it as a NTFS(yes, it is already formatted), read-only disk. Any ideas?

If it is hardware RAID, can't you just load the kernel module and mount the partition? What is the problem exactly?

The problem is that the kernel module is seeing the raid as two separate drives, hdh & hdg. Not good. I've looked at the ataraid solution that someone at Redhat had put together, but i can't get it to compile.

I guess my question would be how can I get the system to see one disk instead of two?

Screw this. I'm going to rebuild my install as a 2.4 kernel. Apparently, the ataraid stuff just doesn't work with 2.6 kernels. Grrrr... If I knew anything about linux drivers, I'd patch that ataraid myself.

Thanks for the effort Mr. S.V. I appreciate it. I'll post if it actually works as advertised in 2.4.