90nm CMOS

PSP Graphics Core

1-166MHz (1.2V)

256-bit bus

2MB eDRAM (VRAM)

5.3Gbps bus bandwidth

664 million pixels per second pizel fill rate

3D curved surface and 3D polygon engine

Support for compressed textures, hardware clipping, morphing, bone, tessellation, bezier, b-spline (NURBS)

Maximum of 33 million polygons per second

24-bit full color (RGBA)

Sound Core

VME (Virtual Mobile Engine)

Reconfigurable DSP

166MHz (1.2 V)

128-bit bus

5 giga operations per second

CODEC capabilities

3D sound, 7.1 channels

Synthesizer, effecter, and other abilities

ATRAC3 plus, AAC, MP3 for audio

Media

UMD (Universal Media Disc)

60mm-diameter disc

660nm laser diode

1.8GB capacity (dual-layered disc)

11Mbps transfer rate

AES crypto system

Unique disc ID

Shock proof

Regional code system

Parental lock system

Repeat ordering system

Other Specifications

16:9-format widescreen TFT LCD (480x272 pixels, 24-bit full color)

MPEG4 AVC decoder

Wireless LAN (802.11)

IrDA (Infrared Data Association)

USB 2.0

Memory Stick

AV in/out

Stereo headphone out

Lithium ion battery

Expansion port

source: gamespot

It looks nice but its not practical, look at the buttons, set into the face, they arent raised out to indicate where the buttons are so youd constantly have to check where you were putting your fingers, same with the dpad, especially with that circle in the middle of it.

i actually like whot he keys are. perhaps they are sensitive so you wouldnt actually have to push them like you would forexample with gameboy sp. also, probably if you play long enough you would know where to place your fingers.. this design looks very classy in my opinion.

i am not taking sides but they have to beat nintendo with their gameboy which has beaten many rivals ( gamegear neogeo lynx and that swan thing )

the gameboy must have over a thousand games to choose from by now too.

now that pic from ign.com looks real good, and yes is a shame is going for $300 for that i just rather buy a console. I wonder what they're thinking over at Sony..... Oh well i guess is the from now to see what happens..

They should bundle it with a PS3 and sell it for the PS3 price + 50$ or something :p i'd sure buy it :D

and if it wasn't that highly priced I'd pre-order one a.s.a.p

They should bundle it with a PS3 and sell it for the PS3 price + 50$ or something :p i'd sure buy it :D

and if it wasn't that highly priced I'd pre-order one a.s.a.p

yea i agree, a bundle would be really good. the best thing would be if this was the controller for ps3 and you could use it as stand alone portable gaming unit and as a wireless controller.

I'm not real big on handheld gaming, but the PSP looks damn nice. I just might go for it. The Tapwave Zodiac is pretty sweet too. :cool:

Looks good but price is crazy.

yeah ur right

sony products are very expensive

just wondering what the ps3 will cost :)

the price is very reasonable if you think about what you are getting. it's a portable ps2+, that can play umd movies and mud audio, it has more function than an iPod at $200 less.

the price is very reasonable if you think about what you are getting. it's a portable ps2+, that can play umd movies and mud audio, it has more function than an iPod at $200 less.

it's very stupid of you to compare this to an iPod. ;)

yes, i agree 300 bucks is a lil steep. but it looks sooo sleek, even though i'm not a fan of handheld gaming, i'm afraid i won't be able to resist this...

the reason I'm assuming its so expensive is because there is supposed to be a memory stick attachment that allows it to be used as a mobile phone.

It also plays video and mp3's.

The new Nintendo DS will look awsome though with it's dual screens!

Portable systems are all about one thing: Battery life. If its not pushing 6+ hours, count me as uninterested. The whole idea for me, behind a portable gaming device is that i can throw it in my pocket, not worry about charging it for a while, and having a good selection of games to play. If i've gotta plug this thing in ever couple hours, it just defeats the whole purpose. On a side note I hope they or a 3rd party manufacturer adds a lock on cover to protect the front, much like the GBA SP folds clamshell style to protect its screen.