Sony PSP

$300 :no:

they would be crazy to market it at $300, where did you here this price? I haven't heard of a price for it yet.

Portable systems are all about one thing: Battery life. If its not pushing 6+ hours, count me as uninterested. The whole idea for me, behind a portable gaming device is that i can throw it in my pocket, not worry about charging it for a while, and having a good selection of games to play. If i've gotta plug this thing in ever couple hours, it just defeats the whole purpose. On a side note I hope they or a 3rd party manufacturer adds a lock on cover to protect the front, much like the GBA SP folds clamshell style to protect its screen.

Yeah, and the PSP only last 2.5 hours and 10 for audio only.

Guys, you have to remember this is a new product. Prices will come down within the first six months of introduction. Vendors initially price new hardware for the early adopter market.

it's very stupid of you to compare this to an iPod. ;)

yes, i agree 300 bucks is a lil steep. but it looks sooo sleek, even though i'm not a fan of handheld gaming, i'm afraid i won't be able to resist this...

it's not stupid at all. This is the same market sony will be targeting with the PSP. Not the little kiddies running around wiht GBA's, but the grown guys who have to have an ipod and want something more mature than a GBA.

I like the DS more for everything, but it cant play movies.

If somebody got Linux + Mplayer working on either of these with the ability to play movies over the WiFi cards, that would be SWEET.

yea i agree, a bundle would be really good. the best thing would be if this was the controller for ps3 and you could use it as stand alone portable gaming unit and as a wireless controller.

Hmm seems like the Dreamcast idea ;) The handheld memory card thing that never really took off except for with Sonic Adventures.

Oww not again. Let's wait until they are released before debating, I'm betting some things will change with this before launch (early 2005) just like the PSX.

*cough* looks nothing like one? *cough*

e3-2004-psp-hands-on-20040512003026793.jpg

atari_lynx2.jpg

By your reckoning it looks like a GBA, Neo Geo Pocket, Wonderswan, GP32 and a Gamegear as well then?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another shot, sorry it's so big. [EDIT]Sweet! When did IPB add automatic resizing if the picture is too big!? Nice improvement. That'll save me some work.[/EDIT]