Microsoft Wireless Mouse Optical 2.0

Microsoft Wireless Mouse Optical 2.0

mk-P1_M-wOpt-periw.jpgmk-P1_M-wOpt-metred.jpgmk-P1_M-wOpt-steelbl.jpgmk-P1_M-wOpt-bluemo.jpg

This sums it up: the Wireless Mouse Optical is the best mouse I ever bought. It has long battery life (batteries included), a great reciever, has amazing looks, and just works. Finally, it has Microsoft's Tilt Wheel Technology, which is really cool.

The Setup

• Open box
  • Take out mouse
  • Install IntelliPoint
  • Plug in mouse
  • Enjoy.

The Wheel

It goes up, down, left, and right. Microsoft made a cool demo right here. It has a little inertia thing on the wheel to make a smooth feeling.

The Feel

It has glossy plastic which just feels good.

Overall

Don't think you need it? You need it.

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif 5/5 stars

How can people live without 5 button mice nowadays? For example when your on the web. You must be enable to do back and forward in your web browser with your mouse without the need to press thos dang pointless graphical buttons on the top of the screen, wastes way to much time.

Oh, wow. The pain of clicking Back and Forward. I have a 5-button IntelliMouse Explorer on my test machine and the two buttons get in the way. Also, because of the way I hold it (I'm a leftie) the 2 extra buttons are hard to press. Finally, I got my WMO for $30, and the WIME costs $50 (both prices from the same place).

Edited by memodude

How can people live without 5 button mice nowadays? For example when your on the web. You must be enable to do back and forward in your web browser with your mouse without the need to press thos dang pointless graphical buttons on the top of the screen, wastes way to much time.

:yes: 5 button mouse are the shiznit

Nice demo!

So you buy it for your laptop? The driver doesn't conflict with your touchpad?

I bought this mouse long time ago, and finally switched to WIME, costs $10 more.

I have the 'steel blue' ( it looks black to me ) version of this mouse and I don't care for it just becase it doesn't have the back/forward buttons. I have an intellimouse optical usb and I like it so much more...

I should sell it and get something else...

I have the black one. It does what I wanit it to do. A very basic wireless wheel mouse with tilt and optical technology. It came as part of my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Opitcal bundle which costed me $175 (aus $).

I have this mouse for another comptuer (Mx700 is primary mouuse). It is very nice feel and scrool wheel good too. Except I can not use a mouse with out back/foward buttons anymore. I feel so inefficient.

• 2 weeks later...