Win.XP 2600 Shut Down

gypise

I am using 2600 on my pc ( Sound Blaster Live 5.1 ATI 128 pro AMD Ath.1 gig 384 ram ) and the thing is that everytime I try to shut down...it eithers gives me a BSOD or it clears the desktop of everything and then stops. From what I have read in other forums it seems as if everyone using 2600( what MS calls the best ever,makes me wonder best what ? Best bugs?) is having the same problems . Well anyway is there anything that i can do to resolve this shut down problem besides using the power button?

Thanks for the help and your time.....Lone Live America May Old Glory Fly High Forever!!!

EmuZombie

leave your computer on?

seriously... I've never had mine off for more then a few minutes at a time since i built it

PabUK

I have never had a shut down problem with XP. Although I did have many such problems including BSODs with Windows 2000 when shutting down. In fact I still have dual boot with 2K and if I try to shut it down it just hangs with a blank desktop. No idea why or how to fix it though, sorry!

irdawood

its to do with your graphics card and lack of support for it i have a rage fury maxx and have same problem

windows dont support our graphics cards

need to buy a new one

ATI are of no help

icie

I don't really know, but i used to have problems shutting down in windows me, all the time. maybe your soundcard/graphics card drivers are not suitable for windows xp. try booting to safe mode (i am thinking you can restart...) and then shutting down from there.

PabUK

I spoke to soon in that post last night! Shortly after I said XP never crashes at shutdown it did just that and crashed on shutdown.

Ah well, shutdown crashes I can live with, it is random ones I hate and I haven't had any so far. Uh-oh, I shouldn't say that...