OMG OMG Zelda must see video...

The timeline of Zelda is a tricky one since it is all out of order, however I don't think that this could be a direct sequel to OoT since MM was.  To be technical the timeline in WW wasn't very accurate either since how in just 100 years did an entire people loose their language and forgot all about Hyrule under the sea?

The game never gives a time period, let alone 100 years. That was early info, it was later revealed that the person saying 100 meant to say hundreds - and even still that was speculation.

Edit: I interpreted the "the Hero of Time was called to embark on another journey" as a reference to Majora's Mask.

hmmm....if xbox, ps2, and gamecube were next generation consoles...howcome the new systems coming out are still going to be called that????

:unsure:

Because there was the current generation, then there is the next generation. The current used to be the next generation, then there will be a new one. It's very logical when you think about it

First link doesn't work anymore... can't see the video :(

did you try the 2nd one?

the 1st movie crashed explorer.exe every time I toched it.

The game never gives a time period, let alone 100 years. That was early info, it was later revealed that the person saying 100 meant to say hundreds - and even still that was speculation.

Edit: I interpreted the "the Hero of Time was called to embark on another journey" as a reference to Majora's Mask.

I'm going to have to fire up WW again, since I could've sworn that it specifically said 100 years.

One cool thing to note is that in this shot does anyone notice the dogs following Link? Just like in Hyrule Town Square in OoT. :)

zelda2.jpg

guess I'll go grab a 'cube now. This is the Zelda I've been waiting for since the debute of the 'cube. Now if only they can make the movie, I'll be in a sweet state of bliss. :D

this is not as good as it should be. what happened to the video of link fighting ganondorf before the gamecube came out? this isnt as impressive as it should be

I'm going to have to fire up WW again, since I could've sworn that it specifically said 100 years.

One cool thing to note is that in this shot does anyone notice the dogs following Link?  Just like in Hyrule Town Square in OoT. :)

http://home.no/x-byted/Zelda/zelda2.jpg

Just like the Seagulls following Link in Wind Waker. It's a common theme :)

this is not as good as it should be. what happened to the video of link fighting ganondorf before the gamecube came out? this isnt as impressive as it should be

These graphics > those graphics.

As for fighting Gannon. My guess is this is a remake of the first game, since the title is just simply "The Legend of Zelda"

Watch the old Space World Demo and watch the new one - the difference is astounding (as it should be).

He looks so plasticky - like a doll or something. Now look at the new one - can almost feel the thread from the tunic.

zelda1.jpg

It does. I just busted it out again the other day to start my "second" quest. Now I can read the funny text. :D

I also remember thinking it was strange that a whole culture changed in just 100 years, and that it was a legend instead of being history.

Watch the old Space World Demo and watch the new one - the difference is astounding (as it should be).

He looks so plasticky - like a doll or something.  Now look at the new one - can almost feel the thread from the tunic.

http://www.zeldalegends.net/gallery/catego...edia/zelda1.jpg

http://www.planetnintendo.com/zelda/otherg...ctechdemo.shtml

Exactly. These are the images from the old video. Not as wonderful as a lot remember:

Nintendo did, however, emphasize that these videos were showing demos, not actual games. They weren't even running on GameCube hardware. They were full-motion videos, put together to demonstrate the GameCube's power. Despite Nintendo's insistence that they had shown demos, not actual games, many fans immediately came to the conclusion that Zelda GC was going to have the same look as the demo shown at Spaceworld 2000.

14.jpg

The new one has a MUCH more realistic feel to it, imo. :yes:

Just like the Seagulls following Link in Wind Waker. It's a common theme :)

These graphics > those graphics.

As for fighting Gannon. My guess is this is a remake of the first game, since the title is just simply "The Legend of Zelda"

i believe they are all referred to as "the legend of zelda" before they are given the second part of the name. windwaker, i believe, was like that as well, and wasn't 'the windwaker' until only a few months before release in japan... right? i specifically remember because i thought it was going to be a remake of the original ;p it was the same for OOT as well.. a remake of the first game is pushing it, as i don't see how even making a 'remake' of the original would end up anything like it was, i'm sure they could call it a remake and get away with it though. ;)

also, there are some translation mix up's in the windwaker. i would assume that the 100 years goof is something like that, but i also have a feeling these games don't have nearly as much history or backstory as we all make for them. but then, that's part of the fun i guess ;)

I don't think its a remake of the first one....

i beleive a whole new adventure...

I would also take to note: its the late teenage link.....which could basically tell us that this really is the sequal to WW....

or a seperate thing...

Zero Mission isn't very much like the original Metroid. The map is one of the only things it has in common with the original.

My point is Nintendo is big on remakes right now, and it's an easy way to squeeze this Zelda in, don't count the idea out.