Post Order: The Return

I asked before, but I'm too dumb to work out what answers people gave me :) Here's what I asked / am asking:

Mustard: Why is the post with the latest reply at the top of the threads list? I hate it that way :( How can I change it?

Neobond: In the usercp here: https://www.neowin.net/bboard/member...ion=editoptions

You can choose to display the Thread order in days rather than "Forum default" :)

Mustard: I can't see anything on that page mate :) I'm probably just blind :)

PabUK: It is under 'Default Thread View' at the bottom of the section 'Thread View Options'.

Mustard: And which one do I choose?

Then that's it, no more replies :) If I choose 10 days for example, it changes nothing! Any more help please anyone? :)

There are some options you can select at the bottom of the forum page but they won't be remembered so you need to select them every time you visit.

You can sort threads in several ways there. Other than that there is no way of changing the order of posts.

99% of the message boards view threads this way (newest on top). Except maybe some threaded boards like cyboards or millsieboard.

??? examples please ????

UBB, PHPBB, Ikonboard and Vbulletin all do it the way it is on neowin (and those are the most popular bulletinboard systems on the internet)

Originally posted by Redmak  

??? examples please ????

UBB, PHPBB, Ikonboard and Vbulletin all do it the way it is on neowin (and those are the most popular bulletinboard systems on the internet)

You forgot my favorite, YaBB! :)

And King, Redmak is right, all those he mentioned and every other forum/messageboard system I have ever seen works this way. Which ones are you referring to that don't?