Wireless Firewire?

Oh yeah... Who else is excited to see what can come of this? I know I am.

Just a little laugh to all those people who said a wireless dock for an iPod was completely out of the question... well, here we are. :cool:

I like the new name "Firewireless" personally. It fits it and is humorous. Also, it would be awesome to have webcams spread around the house used as survailence.

Also, it would be awesome to have webcams spread around the house used as survailence.

whoa, i wouldn't live in a house like that.

One of the cool advantages of FireWire was charging my iPod from my PC, won't be able to do that with FireWireless...

One of the cool advantages of FireWire was charging my iPod from my PC, won't be able to do that with FireWireless...

actually, i think it's a better idea, because at least with my 2g ipod, to charge it without a computer, you had to unplug the firewire cable from the back of the computer, which was a pain in the arse. now you could leave the dock plugged into the wall, and then your computer would just sync wirelessly. now when you want to charge the ipod, your computer doesn't need to be on.

now when you want to charge the ipod, your computer doesn't need to be on.

It never had to before. Even though the computer is off, if you plug the iPod into the FireWire port it will still charge as the motherboard is still grabbing power, at least it did this on my iBook.

Or you could leave the iPod in a charging station near the door so you can grab it and go.

All we need is wireless power now :D

It never had to before. Even though the computer is off, if you plug the iPod into the FireWire port it will still charge as the motherboard is still grabbing power, at least it did this on my iBook.

Did it?

If i live my iPod on the dock, connected to the iMac while it's turned off, it will drain out all the iPod battery, even it's full charged. Seems to be an iMac problem so, not an iPod one. Odd... :wacko:

:woot: sounds cool to me if it has same speeds of 400mbps then it will be well worth it for using with my iPod or External HD, I wonder if they would make some sort of in built adapter for WiFire (I like that name :p) in iBooks and Powerbooks and then u buy separate adapters which you plug into your devices? (I think that would be the best way to-do it since I don't wanna be buying some wireless iPod after ive got this one or buying Wireless External Hard Drives after getting a 320GB Lacie you get what I mean.) sounds cool anyway! I'm all for wireless (Y) :p