Wich one is the best?!?!?!  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Wich one is the best?!?!?!

• Nintendo DS
    • Sony PSP

i say the ds bcuz:

double screen

touch screen

3 way multiplayer gaming (wireless, lan, internet)

(i have searched and i didn't found treads like this one)

PSP.

1) its Sony

2) the design is ridiculus

3) 1.8 gig mini disks

4) the design is awsome

5) mature games

6) did i mention the deisng

DS

1) 5+ times battery life

2) IS NOT F'N HUGE

3) Plays all GBA games + GBA video carts

4) Can do 3D

5) touch screen

6) clamshell design

7) innovative, not just "we want your market share"

8) $150 as opposed to PSPs probably at least double that

edit:

9) dual processors

PSP.

1) its Sony

3) 1.8 gig mini disks

4) the design is awsome

5) mature games

agree :yes:

PSP.

1) its Sony

3) 1.8 gig mini disks

4) the design is awsome

5) mature games

DS - 5 hours battery life

PSP - 2.5 hour battery life

DS - Zelda, Metroid, SuperMario

PSP - GT, MGS, DMC

depends on what you want:

battery life: nintendo ds. the max life for the psp is 10 hours. in audio only mode (ie: no games)

graphics: psp. i don't think we need to reason on this, just look at some of the photos.

diemos: you like the design? why? it reminds me of the sega game gear (N)

DS because:

1)Has/will have mario/metroid/zelda/other nintendo only games.

2)Innovative Touchscreen

3)Is small

4)Is backwards compatible with the GBA

5)Has WiFi and Nintendo's wireless system

6)See number one

7)It has 512 MB of RAM and dual processors

8)Has two screens

9)Has great graphic

10)See number 6 and 1.

And it'll be cheaper...

Also, Nintendo makes great Hand helds...

I do so hope this doesn't turn into a flame war over unrealeased consoles.

i would love to have both! they both have aspects and games that appeal to me, and i like the designs of both. i'm torn right down the middle.

i like those mini disks and it looks high tech. It doesn't look childish and i think its something that people will want to have, like an iPOD, some players are better but yet people get ipod because first it looks cool and it has basic features. DS.... who the fawk needs 2nd screen just for info, its just something "new" the're trieng to invent. Don't get me wrong i 'was' a big nintendo fan, but uhm comon how many childish games can a person play.... mario, kazoi, banzooii, zelda, just its corny.

DS - Zelda, Metroid, SuperMario thats the only 3 games worth looking foward to... oh and maybe another mario cart or something or maybe that space racing game.... same thing everytime.

I say PSP. I know nintendo do the best handhelds but come on sony rock! The PSP also has a touch screen and excellent perpehiels like a usb camera and usb gps and a usb keyboard! But the DS is cool in a way cos u can draw stuff into the game to help u! Anyway i stick with PSP!!

DS

1) 5+ times battery life

2) IS NOT F'N HUGE

3) Plays all GBA games + GBA video carts

4) Can do 3D

5) touch screen

6) clamshell design

7) innovative, not just "we want your market share"

8) $150 as opposed to PSPs probably at least double that

edit:

9) dual processors

couldn't agree more. although i expect the PSP to have massive support by developers, i don't expect to see anything on it that we haven't already seen on the ps1 or ps2. playing GT4, GTA and pro evo on the move, on wireless multiplayer does really appeal to me, but if the battery life of 2.5 hours is to be believed (is that with or without wifi?) then i'll be sorely dissapointed.

nintendo have really downplayed the hardware side of the DS, and on paper the PSP wipes the floor with it, but at the end of the day it puts a huge amount of power into the hands of the developers. That coupled with the touchscreen and 16 player wireless multiplayer could result in pretty much anything.

I love it. The ever typical "Its childish, so it must suck" response. As if there's anything less childish about playing any video game compared to another. Its all about entertainment. Who are you to say what games I can and cannot play. I play a huge variety of games, ranging from realistic FPS games full of blood and gore, down to the much more light hearted and equally fun games like zelda, mario, etc. All depends on what i'm in the mood for. Are you also forgetting that adults aren't the only one playing this stuff? Or has that too not sunk through that thick skull reasoning center either?

Anyways, I think its tough to compare both systems, as I see them going after two completely different markets. here. Sony it would seem is going after the high end crowd, the ones who have to have the latest and greatest in the smallest package (Buyers of portable dvd players and dvd digital camcorders and the like) Nintendo seems to be concentrating on their target audience, the loyal fans who own gameboys already. Its hard not to find it appealing as a GBA owner. Backward compatibility is extremely important to me, as is the decent battery life, and a fold up design that protects itself. Seems both companies have a real winner here, each in its own respects.

Regarding PSP battery life:

I thought the 2.5 hours of battery life was for movie playback and for games it would be in the 8-10 hour range.

???

Nintendo DS because -

1) It will cost only $120 (hopefully) whereas the PSP is be retailed at $300

2) Has 2 cool screens , one of which is touch screen

3) Already has great looking games such as Mario and Metroid and many more great games will come

4) Has Wi-Fi built in so you can hook up to internet and play against anyone in the world or to someone just upto 100feet from you

5) Nice slim design, not too big

6) Has great specs ( 2 processors confirmed )

7) has much longer battery life

8) Its NINTENDO

i like the idea of the fold up design that the DS has. don't have to worry about damaging the screen. but the PSP seems more of a multimedia powerhouse than the DS. my qestion is how do the graphics compare. the PSP is comparable to the PS2 from what i've heard, but what is the DS comparable to?

Its hard to really tell at this point. By the looks of the Metroid Prime:Hunter movie i'd say the performance is somewhere well above the N64, and below the Gamecube. Plenty enough horsepower for games on a small screen.

PSP, cause im sick of nintendo releasing games that are the same ones over and over again, too many mario versions if u ask me, all u will see from now until nintendo blows up are Zelda, Metroid, SuperMario over and over again weather they add a new level change the name or add 128 to its title its all the same thing over and over again

I'm of the opinion that unless Nintendo (and it SHOULD be them) come up with an innovative use for the touch screen, it's pointless. There's no need to hide anything, the competition can't copy, just show us what made them want to implement dual and touch screens.

Secondly, the PSP isn't huge at all, download this video to see the size comparison to a GBA SP, if anything it's the DS that's biggest. About the dual processors thing in DS, who cares? It's still inferior spec wise to the PSP so don't bother posting specs as a positive cause the PSP will rip it apart.

Nintendo have got 2 main things going for them, brand recognition and all their classics, and price. A ~$100-150 price + Pokemon (with some form of innvative use of the DS, Wireless, touch screen, dual screen etc) = Success. Imagine all the kids playing pokemon wirelessly around schools, across the internet in one massive roaming RPG world, insane. Sony have brand recognition, the cool factor and marketing ability. This is going to be in insanely competitive generation for handhelds and we're gonna be the ones to benifit.

No-one can quote battery life because it's been a mish mash of reports. The guy who done the presentation is being misquoted all the time. He said "it could be comparable to a portable DVD player (2 hours), a multimedia device (8 hours) or a walkman (10 hours)". He gave no solid quotes. But I'll say this now, get less than 10 hours gaming time and the thing is pointless, they might as well throw it in the bin and sack everyone.