Nintendo DS VS Sony PSP

Wich one is the best?!?!?!  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Wich one is the best?!?!?!

• Nintendo DS
    • Sony PSP

Although nintendo has always had success in the handheld market, I have to worry a bit for them this time. People have always bought Gameboys because they were trditional, simple, and seemed like something you knew (an old friend). However the DS is radically different and I beleive that most casual AND hardcore gamers will be worried about the system. PSP is someting that at first glance looks like an old friend. It is not radical in design, but in specs (which most people have no clue about). As for the battery life; as long as they make it cheap to have an external solution (by they I mean sony or third parties) such as external bettery packs, I wouldn't mind. I rarely play games on the go for long perids of time (motion sickness for me :x )

If nintendo is making another handheld, I hope it doesn't stray to far from the norm, only beacuse I don't like confusing designs and for the love of us all, they had better comeup with a better case design for the DS because at the moment, it ain't lookin too good.

Also, for those talking up nintendo's dual processor design, the PSP has more, just take the time to look at both before you go all fanatically crazy. Sure I loved all the GBs so far, but the DS just freaks me out and worries me. :blink:

Hi!

Ok in some points you are right, but you forgot the GBA!!! The GBA will become much cheaper and this is the portable console we all loved so much. The hardcore gamer will choose the DS, because it is innovative and the normal gamer will choose the traditional GBA SP, because there are many games for it and it will become cheaper as i said. and here in germany the gameboys are often bought by kids and they can only buy cheap things and i thing the psp will be much more expensive, because it should be as good as the ps2 with a smaller size and a display. that can be about 400?/$ and here no kid can buy such an expensivtoyi>.

i think sony has no chance, but so was thought about the ps1, too and today....

we'll see, but if i buy a portable console, then it will be a ds!

Ciao Philipp!

PS. Hope my English is not too bad - from Germany!

The PSP doesn't seem to be aimed towards 'kids'. Just take a look at their iPod-esque ads. From there, I think they are aiming for a mid-teens to adults group.

I believe the PS2 is popular amongst (at least where I live) grown up casual gamers whom trust the Sony brand because "it looks expensive" and is. The PSP could have the same kind of appeal.

All the 80's Atari kids will probably go with the DS, however I would rather get the PSP. I like iPods, Walkmans, Clie pda's and all that expensive junk.

to end the confusion, the DS will be compatabile with GB, GBC and GBA games:

http://www.ent-hq.com/~nintendoadvance/mod...order=0&thold=0

u know what, i think they should bring in some Game and Watch games, if they can bring some nice graphics and a decent story to games like Climber (not ice climber), then i'm sold.... DS all the way..... anyone rmember climber? it was the most addicting game in the universe. They should bring some nice innovative ideas to that with the double screens.

to end the confusion, the DS will be compatabile with GB, GBC and GBA games:

http://www.ent-hq.com/~nintendoadvance/mod...order=0&thold=0

u know what, i think they should bring in some Game and Watch games, if they can bring some nice graphics and a decent story to games like Climber (not ice climber), then i'm sold.... DS all the way..... anyone rmember climber? it was the most addicting game in the universe. They should bring some nice innovative ideas to that with the double screens.

That link gets quite a bit wrong.

: Blue tooth
Nope, the short range wireless is proprietary.
: 1GB memory Carts for a HUGE load of data

1Gb (the little b makes all the difference in the world) carts at launch. Higher densities are possible, but this is where they'll start.

: much better battery life than the PSP

: Lower priced than the PSP

Not facts, as the site claims. Yes, both points are likely to be true - but that doesn't mean they are facts.

As for compatability with all Game Boy games, the only thing I've seen Nintendo say is it'll play GBA games. Nobody's really clear if that means ANY game GBA can play can play on the DS, or if it really does mean only games built for the GBA will work.

First of all, sorry for my bad english :p

I voted for Sony PSP.

Why? Bcos I'm was Nintendo->Sega Megadrive-> Super Nintendo-> Playstation -> PS2 gamers!

If u talk about 'games', u will prefer playing Final Fantasy or Mario?

I felt that if u considered yourself as a 'gamer', first of all, not for the hardware spec, it's for the Games!

I'm adult and I will not going to play >Mario< this childish title!

When I was little, Mario already out.. now year 2004, u still expencting me play Mario again? WTF!

As a Sony new device, trust me, u won't regret with it if u bought because 'It's a Sony!'

U can see the Playstation, PS2, Vaio, NetMD, Cli?, Cybershot, Wega or even Aibo.

Which of them really 'go to hell' already?

Remember, as a gamer, the first thing is the Games, not the spec

Now u give me choose Ps2, Xbox and GC, I still will choose PS2, why?

Because it got Final Fantasy I- XII (coming soon), GT1,2,3,4.

MGS1,2,3. Onimusha1,2,3. Devil May Cry1,2,3. And lots more of good games there!

If u want talk about the design, we all alread knew inside our heart, Sony's design will not disapoint us ever!

That's all!

Again, sorry for my poor english!:pp

So I take it you aren't buying the GT games on PSP, Metal Gear, GTA, Final Fantasy, Madden, or anything else that's a sequel because they aren't 'fresh' right?

It's clearly the PSP because of one simple reason. Sony is its creator!

Nintendo make good consoles yes, but the graphics on the pre-released pics of the PSP show the graphics to be Ps2 quality. And i have yet to see Nintendo match this. So PSP wins.

Motion Seconded, Motion Carried! :blink:

Mario is no more 'childish' than FF... both are merely GAMES... GAMES are played by children... children play FF as well as Mario... Mario is NOT a childrens game... it has bright colors and big bold characters, but it is a game that everyone can appreciate. Any ****er with NO intelligence will undoubtedly assume that FF is 'better', but that's a ****ing matter of opinion, and not everyone shares the same.

Some people ****ing **** me off.... :angry:

PS. one more thing... anyone who thinks that PSP games are going to look photorealistic by default, are fooling themselves... and anyone with any ounce of brain in their head will know that because of their small screens, BOTH systems will have far crisper gfx than you will expect by default... I work in the games industry and am developing games for both DS and PSP.... DS so far has some very excellent capabilities, and yes, PSP is more powerful, but any good art/coding team can make both systems rock...

at the moment we are throwing huge numbers of polygons and animated characters around on the DS and it's not flintching!

Nintendo make good consoles yes, but the graphics on the pre-released pics of the PSP show the graphics to be Ps2 quality. And i have yet to see Nintendo match this. So PSP wins.

Motion Seconded, Motion Carried! :blink:

So you base your PSP love on demo videos and no real gameplay? Genius. :rolleyes:

Motion Seconded, Motion Carried! 

:dontgetit: erm...logic? :blink: