[Boxing]Roy Jones TKO'd in 2nd round

there a downloadable movie of this somewhere? I'm actually quite happy. I used to be a Roy Jones fan till last Tarver fight. Tarver should have won that match, but finally RJJ got what he deserved. Nonetheless RJJ is still good just don't care for him anymore

Roy Jones Jr. is still very much in the game. I personally stopped caring for the fighter upon finding out he fights dogs and chickens as a side hobby. And makes good money doing that. What kind of crap is that fighting animals?

As a true boxing fan that normally never misses a fight, I dont pay to watch Jones Jr. fight, but this is one fight I truly regret being absent. Its about time someone shuts this loudmouth up. Ill get the tape this week from some of my sucker friends that lined his pocket with moola.

Holy crap! You know there will be a re-match.

Dont think so. Jones stated he really wants to stick with beefing heavyweights. This statement was giving at the press conference after the fight.

Anyways, who wants to see Trinidad come out of retirement to fight Mayorga?

there a downloadable movie of this somewhere? I'm actually quite happy. I used to be a Roy Jones fan till last Tarver fight. Tarver should have won that match, but finally RJJ got what he deserved. Nonetheless RJJ is still good just don't care for him anymore

:whistle: i didnt find the whole fight, but i did find a 6.8 mb movie of the knockout from different angles. look for roy jones knocked the f out from angles or something along those lines :whistle:

and i actually got the fight on pay per view with some friends, so i did get to see it while it happened. it was pretty crazy. tarver just caught him perfectly with a counter left hook. jones was down and that was all she wrote...

some highlights of the fight

? when the referee asked if anyone has any question sin the middle of the ring before the fight, tarver said he did. "do you have any excuses tonight roy?"

? it was also great to see tarver in between rounds 1 an 2 in his corner, saying to his trainer "Do not say the word respect, i got no fu**ing respect for this man"

? after the knockdown, reading roy jones' lips, and the first thing he said to the doctor is "i'm old"

i was, and i am struggling with the fact if i still am, a roy jones fan. it has nothing to do with how he lost, i will still be a fan of someone or a team if they lose (i.e. i am a knicks fan), but it is words after he lost i did not like. the announcers actually said they thought he was being humble, and yeah compared to roy jones of the past maybe he was, but still he really did not give full credit after the fight were credit was due. i just think that was bogus. i know jones has always been a arrogant, egotistical fighter when it came to words, i mean cmon he refers to himself in the third person pint of view, but he could back it up when he was arrogant. oh well he has still provided me with some great boxing moments in the past, and i will still probably pay for a fight if he does decided to move up to heavyweight and fight tyson or who knows who, but i do think jones is pretty much done and should just probably retire.

:whistle: i didnt find the whole fight, but i did find a 6.8 mb movie of the knockout from different angles. look for roy jones knocked the f out from angles or something along those lines :whistle:

and i actually got the fight on pay per view with some friends, so i did get to see it while it happened. it was pretty crazy. tarver just caught him perfectly with a counter left hook. jones was down and that was all she wrote...

some highlights of the fight

? when the referee asked if anyone has any question sin the middle of the ring before the fight, tarver said he did. "do you have any excuses tonight roy?"

? it was also great to see tarver in between rounds 1 an 2 in his corner, saying to his trainer "Do not say the word respect, i got no fu**ing respect for this man"

? after the knockdown, reading roy jones' lips, and the first thing he said to the doctor is "i'm old"

i was, and i am struggling with the fact if i still am, a roy jones fan. it has nothing to do with how he lost, i will still be a fan of someone or a team if they lose (i.e. i am a knicks fan), but it is words after he lost i did not like. the announcers actually said they thought he was being humble, and yeah compared to roy jones of the past maybe he was, but still he really did not give full credit after the fight were credit was due. i just think that was bogus. i know jones has always been a arrogant, egotistical fighter when it came to words, i mean cmon he refers to himself in the third person pint of view, but he could back it up when he was arrogant. oh well he has still provided me with some great boxing moments in the past, and i will still probably pay for a fight if he does decided to move up to heavyweight and fight tyson or who knows who, but i do think jones is pretty much done and should just probably retire.

I think Buddy McGirt (Tarver's trainer) had the plan when he instilled the fact in Tarver that most boxers dont counter Jones and that its a feat quite deployable. Make no mistake, the knockout was no fluke. Jones will do much better in the heavyweights, as long as he dont get "caught". Im betting James Toney has his number.

saw the first Jones and Tarver fight and felt Tarver won that one

saw this fight and Tarver knew he had to put Jones on the mat to win this one...I'm glad he did it. Good for boxing