Wireless Printing

Alright... I have a Brother HL-1435 printer connected to my 15" PowerBook through USB, this is working just great for me for now.

I have an AirPort Extreme card inside my computer and would like to have wireless printing and internet.

I would rather use the SMC 2804WBRP-G router than the Apple one because of the lower price and extra ports. This router has a USB print server on it and supports LPR Printing.

I know that getting internet to work through this router will be no problem, but I'm curious about the print server... Can I use this wireless print server with my Mac running OS X 10.3.3? Does anyone here have any experience with this kind of configuration?

You can even configure a TCP/IP support for some printer which makes it functional on a network without being connected to the computer.

configure is correct on his point, you can create a TCP/IP port for communication with a printer that any OS would be able to use.

And yes I am confident that you would have no problem in compatibility with that print server built into the router. Give it a go and let us know what happens!

OK, I'm buying the router today, I'll report back any success or dofficulties that I have. I'm going to get it at Futureshop I think, that way I can easily return it if need be.

Well... The router didn't work exactly as I planned. I can get internet working great, but the print server in this router isn't completely compatible with my Brother HL-1435 printer. I worked for a few hours with SMC and decided that it must be a compatibility issue. I can get the print server working fine with an older printer of mine, but not with the Laser printer that I want to use. I'm going to call Brother tomorrow to see if they have any possible solutions. If they don't I'll just return the router...

Does anyone have any suggestions of decently priced wireless routers and print servers?