dual bootin wit xp and ME

KR0NiCBaKeD420

my friend wants to dual boot xp and ME .. he has a partion that is NTFS with XP Pro Corp. on it and a fat32 partion and wants to install ME on the fat32 partion. the only is.. is the ME disc he has isnt bootable and he cant install ME on XP. soo is there any way to get a DOS prompt at startup soo he can get access to the cd and install ME from there ?? :s

PabUK

Try and get hold of a Windows 98 or ME boot disk (from someone who has 98 or ME) and then use it to boot up with CD-ROM support. That way you can start the ME installation from the DOS prompt.

KR0NiCBaKeD420

thanx pabuk.. ;)

doom... no s**t ME DOES sucks ass... but he ONLY wants it for games.. (ie. Unreal Tournement) cuz they load faster in ME and play better.. than they do in XP :p

PabUK

No probs. Just hope you can locate a 98 or ME system or someone with a bootdisk already.

KillerMCB

Hey Kronic, I have a question, are both partitions in the same HD? if yes, you might not be able to install ME on XP especially IF the 1st partition is the NTFS one. WinME setup will refuse to install if the 1st partition is NTFS because the boot files for ME are placed on the 1st partition.