Remote Connections

Question

JeremyCDay

going through our linksys router it assigns local area network IP's...

For remote connection purposes I need a IP address so that if i was anywhere else i can connect to my comp, is their anyway of going through a router but having a IP that i can connect to??

6 answers to this question

MxxCon

if you configure your linksys to fordward a port that your remote connections software uses to your computer you can connect to it from outside.

JeremyCDay

Can someone help me forward the ports.. Either write a email to jeremycday@hotmail.com and explain or email me your phone number. It doesnt matter if your from across the planet. i wanna get this set up :)

JeremyCDay

Can someone help me forward the ports.. Either write a email to jeremycday@hotmail.com and explain or email me your phone number. It doesnt matter if your from across the planet. i wanna get this set up :)

sdenike
Can someone help me forward the ports..

Well I have mine setup... The way I had it going at first was to just goto your router with the browser address 192.168.1.1 or whatever your address is.. anyways I had mine set to be the dmz host. but just today I got a port program and the remote port for remote desktop seems to be 61209 from what i gathered... either way just set that for both of the service port ranges, then make sure your IP is to the rigt of it... Also if you dont have a static ip goto www.google.com and search for linksys ip poster... small program that will post you IP address to a web site every x mins. hope that helps if not email me at shelby@filthcentral.net

Vlad

omfg. seriously. RTFM

RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM