[MLB] Randy Johnson throws a perfect game

It just went final. Randy Johnson throws a perfect game against the Braves with 13Ks. The DBacks wins 2-0.

I'll post the link to the ESPN article when they post it.

Arizona's lefty ace Randy Johnson struck out 13 Braves in a perfect game tonight in Atlanta.

It's only the 16th perfect game ever pitched. Kudos to Randy, he deserves it.

Been a Dbacks fan since we went to opening day and this, not counting Game seven of the 01 series was the best game I've ever seen. I was at work but heard every pitch he threw. Is it sad my life is now more complete after seeing the Big Unit throw a perfect game?

Johnson threw the first no-hitter in Seattle history and now he's pulled off the same feat for a different team. This was the first no-hitter for Arizona, which joined the major leagues in 1998.

that's pretty cool!

It's not just a no hitter, it's a perfect game. No hitters are much more common than perfect games, you can see how hard it is to get all 27 outs.

ok, huge braves fan here, in case you hadnt noticed..

i knew this team had some issues going into the season.. but damn.. 18 Ks one night, then a perfect game the next night.. i'm beyond worried now. I've never visited the falcons website so much this early in baseball season. This may be a long summer. I'm going to the game Thursday, and i guess it cant get any worse than this. I would have liked to see a perfect game, even a nohitter would be amazing. Anyone here ever been to a nohitter in person?

anyways, the braves are really letting me down right now, but i'll get over it. Congrats Randy awesome game

yup i was lucky enough to be at the vet in '90 when mulholland no-hit the giants...one of the most amazing games i've seen in any sport

ok, huge braves fan here, in case you hadnt noticed..

i knew this team had some issues going into the season.. but damn.. 18 Ks one night, then a perfect game the next night.. i'm beyond worried now. I've never visited the falcons website so much this early in baseball season. This may be a long summer. I'm going to the game Thursday, and i guess it cant get any worse than this. I would have liked to see a perfect game, even a nohitter would be amazing. Anyone here ever been to a nohitter in person?

anyways, the braves are really letting me down right now, but i'll get over it. Congrats Randy awesome game

when mussina was with the Os, I watched a no hitter get spoiled with 2 outs in the 9th

when mussina was with the Os, I watched a no hitter get spoiled with 2 outs in the 9th

And then it happened again on the yankees

I was watching Flyers/Lightning game when I saw the news flash on the bottom of ESPN2. I changed to TBS and I was able to watch the final 2 pitches. They were clocked at 97 and 98. It was nice that the Braves crowd cheer him after the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Its exciting to see a guy who is 40 or so to get a perfect game. Dont tell me it wasnt great because he was facing a struggling Braves line-up. Keep in mind any walk, hit, or mistake can alter the perfect game into just a game. Theres about 2511 normal games a year, its fun to see one that can go down in history.

Good job Randy boy.