Port Forwarding

Our ISP (Adelphia) uses dynamic IP's... supposedly as long as a computer in this house remains turned on, our ip will stay the same though. Our current IP is 24.**.**.201 ... To access the browser based setup we have to type in 192.168.1.1 in IE. The port used for my remote connection software is 5800 if i setup the forwarding section right. and was at someelses house trying to connect to my computer what IP would i type in?? the ip assigned to our house or the one the router assigns?

Actually, your IP wont neccessarily stay static as long as a computer is on. I also have adelphia (and might I add what a piece of sh*t isp it is, 128k up is bullcrap), and the DHCP lease time is somewhere around 5 hours. To access your computer remotely you will, of course, need to know the ip address of your computer as seen by the internet (24.xxx.xxx.xxx). You could get one of those dynip things so you can always access your computer relatively easily (you just remember a dns name, and your machine updates your ip for you).