What do you think of Virgin Mobile ?

Hello

So, what do you guys think of Virgin Mobile and its phones ? I am thinking of quitting Tmobile and getting this?

thank you

mzkhadir

im currently using O2 at the moment :huh:

does anyone know the prices for pre-paid on virgin?

Thanx

Alex :cool:

I was on Virgin for a couple of years, before I joined Orange. Can't falt them really, only switched because of a phone deal I couldn't resist... Their customer service is great - better than Orange by far.

I originally used the Virgin Mobile service while living in England and when I got back and saw that they were also available here in the states it was a no brainer. I currently have the Vox and the rates end up being cheaper than othe pay as you go services and you don't have to top up every 30 days. They are based on the Sprint PCS network and very rarely while traveling did I not have a signal (I travel a moderate amount). The customer service is also some of the best in the business.

My wife uses Nextel and to be honest I think the service with Virgin is better.

Service Cost :

Voice calls 25 cents a minute for the first ten minutes each day. 10 cents a minute for each minute after that

Text Message 10 cents to send, free to receive

Ringtones Ringtones for the Vox 8610 cost between $2.00 and $2.50 per download depending on the song.

Ringtones for the Slider V5, Vox 8500, and K7 Rave cost $2.00 per download. Ringtones for the Party Animal and

Super Model cost $1.00 per download.

VirginXtras 10 cents per day to browse + cost of application. Ringtones and Voice Greetings are free to access.

411 $1.50 + Airtime

International $0.25 to $0.75/minute + Airtime

More ring for your buck

Start talking each day at 25 cents a minute. After 10 minutes the rate drops to 10 cents a minute.

Call time is rounded up to the minute. Talk for one minute and 37 seconds, pay for two minutes. No tricks, no mirrors, nothing hidden here.

Local and long distance calls to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands all cost the same.

What's included

There is absolutely no activation fee!

Taxes and services, like call waiting and caller ID, are included in that tiny per-minute airtime rate.

Voicemail is included in your service, so when you check your messages from your cell phone, you only pay for airtime.

Text messaging

Key in your message and send it to a friend.

Cost:

$0.10 per sent message

No cost to receive messages

International calls

It's easy to activate International Calling. Just call Virgin Mobile At Your Service at 1-888-322-1122.

Cost:

$0.25 per minute + Airtime to Canada

$0.50 per minute + Airtime to Mexico

$0.75 per minute + Airtime to 30 other countries

VirginXtras

Browse our fun-filled VirginXtras on your phone for 10 cents a day. Ringtones and Voice Greetings are free to browse.

Ringtones

Ringtones for the Vox 8610 cost between $2.00 and $2.50 per download depending on the song.

Ringtones for the Slider V5, Vox 8500, and K7 Rave cost $2.00 per download.

Ringtones for the Party Animal and Super Model cost $1.00 per download.

*MTV

Text2TRL; Txt2Member; Video Clash: free to receive and 10? for each item sent

*MTV Alerts: some are free while others have charges. Check out *MTV Alerts on your phone for exact costs.

On-Air Shows: free browse, costs apply according to what you select

MTV News: 10? every time you connect to a story

*MTV Postcards; airtime to listen, 10? for each postcard sent.

Daily Dose

Rescue Rings: Each bail-out is 25? + airtime

Wake-Up Calls: Each rise-and-shine call is 25? + airtime

Fun Clips: free browse, airtime to listen, free to send text message

SpongeBob's Deep Sea Thought of the Day: 10? per thought

Bikini Bottom's Seafaring Fortunes: 10? per prediction

vh1 2 go

Hear Music First: free to browse, airtime to listen

Artist Access: airtime to listen

Rock Clock: free to receive, 10? to send text message reply

vh1 2 go Alerts: Some are free while others have charges. Check out vh1 2 go Alerts on your phone for exact costs.

vh1 2 go News: 10? every time you connect to a story

Music

Song ID: the first use is free; after that, each ID costs $1.00 plus airtime

Hit List: free to browse, airtime to listen, free to vote

Get the information and get on with your life with our new and improved service.

Cost:

$1.50 flat fee + Airtime

This information is for US only.