ZoneAlarm Pro version 5.0.590.015

Final is Out.

http://www.zonelabs.com

New and improved features:

AlertAdvisor - Provides automatic program configurations

Antivirus Monitoring - Helps manage other security solutions by alerting you when your antivirus protection (even from another vendor) has been disabled or is out of date

Alert Viewer - New Alert viewer functionality organizes log details by feature category

Various other enhancements for increased reliability of operation

Download Page

• ZoneAlarm Free Download
  • IMsecure Pro
  • ZoneAlarm with Antivirus
  • ZoneAlarm Pro
  • ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Edited by caerma

Has anyone noticed that the installation of this adds another 25 seconds to your boot up? Or maybe its just me.

I dont use Zonealarm (I use Sygate Pro) but still good news for all the zonealarmanites out there :)

the proper update for the ones that have Zonealarm Pro with Web filtering 4.5x installed is:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Thank you :blush:

Not once in my life have I used a firewall that didn't actually do more harm then good. They would always screw stuff up, stop this from working, make this or that harder and just become an annoyance more then anything. Then came ZA 5.0 and guess what, it still sucked. My system locked up 20 min after I installed and restarted. This is a brand new Windows installation and it was brought to its knees. Maybe I am alone in this, but ZA is horrible and has been for years. Just my opinion.

Please can someone tell me why it blocks ALL internet activity now throug ICS after this update? It allowed it before and I have enabled all programs in the program list but still it blocks it, some serious **** they changed.

the new zone alarm sucks big time. just look at the zone labs support forums. i wonder why would they release such a piece of crap? i'm very happy with version 4.5.

i tested the version 5 beta a month ago and i experienced the same problems and lock-ups that almost everyone still experiences in the new version 5.

one thing is for sure, i'll stay away from it until zone labs comes with a bug-fixed release.

I've been using ZoneAlarm Pro for over a year, and it is the best thing I did. I was awaiting this new release, but it has totally disppointed me. I upgraded to v5, and everything was working good...until I played Counter-Strike.

Once joining a server, I would get a HUGE lag spike every 45 seconds of play, and cs was unplayable. I had opened all ports required for Steam, and given it server access. I thought this would be my ISP, so I decided to disconnect my modem in order to get a fresh connection with my ISP. The result was useless, in which I then decided to mess around with my CS rates. That came out to nothing, so after my match in CAL, I was fed up with the freaking lag spikes, and I downgraded to v4.5 in order to see if that was causing the lag spikes. To my surprise, my lag spikes were gone, and I was playing CS like before.

This was the first time I had an issue with ZoneAlarm, and its ashame. Hopefully they'll fix whatever they did that gives me the lag spikes in v5 and not in v4.5.