Firewall/AV

For a complete like security solution, which antivirus program and firewall do most of you on here use, I currently Run sygate personal firewall 4.2 build 867 and norton antivirus 2002 beta, what do you guys use

You're prolly all bored of me saying personal firewalls are pointless, so I wont.

However, it is absoltely vital u keep your dat files up to date for the AV software. But thats common sense right?

I use McAfee Virus Scan 4.5.1 , because I'm planning its deployment using ePolicy Orchestrator at work, so i'm very familiar with it.

It has FAR better heuristic scanning than NAV, no false-positives, and very little cpu overhead.

Apart from that, the rest comes down to how quickly they update their dats, and mcafee are dam good at it.

Jon

Originally posted by JeremyCDay

For a complete like security solution, which antivirus program and firewall do most of you on here use, I currently Run sygate personal firewall 4.2 build 867 and norton antivirus 2002 beta, what do you guys use

I use the exact same as you :)

Protex X

NAV2002

ZA Pro

I run a worm scan every day

NAV picks up e-mail and internet malicious codes very well. I don't know whether firewalls help or not but I run it anyway. I think that cautious downloading and common sense are probably your besy defense.

No Firewall (Router) + NAV2002.

I switched to NAV as I had a few issues with McAfee + WinXP Beta, I would like to switch back as I prefer McAfee, so if anyone can elighten me as to whether it works OK on XP final that would be great.