[Guide] AGP Aperture Size

For a 128MB Card = 64MB AGP Aperture Size

For a 256MB Card = 128MB AGP Aperture Size

This is how it should be i presume?

I beleive the AGP Aperture Size is how much SYSTEM memory to allocate to a given process (i.e. a game) during graphically intence usage. I have my Aperture size @ 512mb out of my 2.00GB PC3200 (which is the highest my board supports) and I can feel the difference when I play. Just a thought... :whistle:

For a 128MB Card = 64MB AGP Aperture Size

For a 256MB Card = 128MB AGP Aperture Size

This is how it should be i presume?

Man have you read his review/looked at graphs? If you've got a decent vid card more than 32MB is an utter waste. You only want it bigger when you have crap card with little memory, that stuff about apperture = half mem is an urban myth, which is what benchmarks in this review illustrate.

How can you so obviously miss the one and only point of the review?

• 2 months later...

Hey guys/girls. I may run this again as I have plenty of time on my hands.

See how the newer Catalyst do etc. SP2. Newer DirectX.

Edited by hypoxiaicon

nice work mate!!!!i've been looking for something like that for ages :D

and if you really have plenty of time, i dont mind seing bench's with sp2 and 4.8 catalysts ;)

Can a Mod Please change the title to somethinf fitting like [Test] AGP Aperture Or [Guide] Or what seems reasonable.

Ive got too much crap running on my pc at the moment. Ill begin the 12 Hours of tests tomorrow :|

Can a Mod Please change the title to somethinf fitting like [Test] AGP Aperture Or [Guide] Or what seems reasonable.

Ive got too much crap running on my pc at the moment. Ill begin the 12 Hours of tests tomorrow :|

How about moving it to the appropriate forum instead. :sleep:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=107

• 2 weeks later...

There are some issues with the 6800, when its first installed even though drivers are loaded, when you try to use more then 8bit it says there isnt enough resoources.( among other errors found ) The only fix found is to set AGP ap to 64. Alls well after that. This has gone around the Abit forums.

Nice!

I'm guess i'm not big into this stuff, but i want to thank Axelstone for putting the link so people like me can look it up and see what people's talking about.

My brother, a computer freak, will be delighted to see this thread.

Lion