work groups

Ok, so i have panther running and its running well, but it doesnt see the windows box. it sees it for routing purposes, but they dont see each other in a network access sense. so my question is this, i know how to change work groups in XP, but how do i tell panther which work group it should use?? thanks in advance.

TS

Yeah, you should see all of the workgroups. I took my pbook to work to transfer my iTunes library to my work PC. I was browsing the domain tree and i connected to a share as an authenticated domain user on my workstation.

That was even without binding to active directory through the Directory Access tool (in /Applications/Utilities/). You should at a minimum have SMB and rendezvous turned on/checked in there.

You might have to log out and back in to see the network. On the PC, you have to have a share enabled to appear in the workgroup.

Also, be sure that you have 10.3.4 installed as it improves network browsing.

Thanks for the tips guys. i will make sure that SMB and Rendezvous are turned on, as i know they are not on currently, at least i know rendezvous isnt. thanks again.

TS

Ok, so i have panther running and its running well, but it doesnt see the windows box. it sees it for routing purposes, but they dont see each other in a network access sense. so my question is this, i know how to change work groups in XP, but how do i tell panther which work group it should use?? thanks in advance.

TS

If you are actually having problems connecting to it after all of that, go to Applications -> Utilities -> Directory Access, and after authenticating, click the SMB Tab then go to configure and type in the actual name of the workgroup that you want to join.