Do u believe in Aliens?

do they exist??  

435 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Warning

Aliens from another world, no way! ....... :whistle: :shifty:

:alien:

demorgoron

hell yeah! :alien:

just look at the size of the universe :rolleyes:

QuarterSwede
What's the chances that there would be a couple billion lifeforms on our planet, and not a single lifeform somewhere else in the galaxy? It's virtually impossible.

It's also virtually impossible that we exist at all, especially if you believe in evolution (which I don't). In evolution, think of how many things would have to have gone right, and been stable, for us to come as far as we have.

As a Chrisitian, I'm inclined to say no, but just because God didn't say doesn't mean they don't exist. After all, He never talked about the dinosaurs and we know they existed. So, maybe they do and maybe they don't but for someone to say they absolutely do exist because of what the math says is pathetic.

Edited by Jstphish
Glowstick
but for someone to say they absolutely do exist because of what the math says is pathetic.

Says the one that believes what a fairy tale book says.

Math is a powerful thing. Without it you'd still be carving stuff out of wood for a living and exchanging goods with other people.

Elmo

i think there are aliens out there!

just we aint going to find them for a LONG time

bush
well I do. just think about the size of universe, theres gotta be something alive out there.

exact my thoughts

PlagueWielder3k
So, maybe they do and maybe they don't but for someone to say they absolutely do exist because of what the math says is pathetic.

No one said that they do. They only proved that there are more planets like Earth... whether there is life on them or not is a whole different issue.

blueshirt
wow.. thought the topic was Do you believe in asians... was like 'no ****? what a question.'

Lol man that comment is so funny. :laugh: Anyway, aliens do exist at least that what I saw in Futurama. :D

iMonkey

I believe!!

CDog

My appologies if this has been said ((not gonna read through the whole thread)) but any living creature that hasn't been seen before is alien...so there are bound to be countless species of the various life forms still here on Earth itself that would be classed as alien to our knowledge. Like I'm sure females are an alien existance to some of you guys. I'd like to think there is life outside of our solar system, though I'm doubtful that we'd ever manage to find it. If you're gonna get into childish UFO crap then, whatever...

multimediatechy

Yes I believe that there will be life on other planets in the universe. This life would probably have to exist in an earth like planet which orbits around a "sun-like" star. Lifeforms could come in all shapes and sizes, from bacteria to multi-cellular like organisms. If there is intelligent lifeforms out there in the universe, then they could just be too far away to even realise that we exist and they too may believe that they are "alone in the universe". People cannot say that life doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe because there is no definite proof of this. In fact, the opposite may be true because life appears to flourish where we would least expect it to (i.e. the bottom of the ocean). The obvious reason we do not know about life existing on other galaxies etc is because we haven't travelled there...so perhaps aliens haven't travelled far distances yet either...we just don't know! If they have then, perhaps they haven't discovered the milkyway - it is just one galaxy out of many (a drop in the ocean). Our galaxy alone contains many stars..the distances in space are huge and even surviving such a space exploration would be nothing short of a miracle. Anyway, there is even the possibility that if aliens know we exist they may not be able to survive on our planet - our atmostphere could be toxic to an organism who is used to a different atmospheric balance.

Overall, it is more likely that lifeforms exist in the universe besides planet Earth and I would bet money on it.

BOOGMaster
Yes I believe that there will be life on other planets in the universe. This life would probably have to exist in an earth like planet which orbits around a "sun-like" star. Lifeforms could come in all shapes and sizes, from bacteria to multi-cellular like organisms. If there is intelligent lifeforms out there in the universe, then they could just be too far away to even realise that we exist and they too may believe that they are "alone in the universe". People cannot say that life doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe because there is no definite proof of this. In fact, the opposite may be true because life appears to flourish where we would least expect it to (i.e. the bottom of the ocean). The obvious reason we do not know about life existing on other galaxies etc is because we haven't travelled there...so perhaps aliens haven't travelled far distances yet either...we just don't know! If they have then, perhaps they haven't discovered the milkyway - it is just one galaxy out of many (a drop in the ocean). Our galaxy alone contains many stars..the distances in space are huge and even surviving such a space exploration would be nothing short of a miracle. Anyway, there is even the possibility that if aliens know we exist they may not be able to survive on our planet - our atmostphere could be toxic to an organism who is used to a different atmospheric balance.

Overall, it is more likely that lifeforms exist in the universe besides planet Earth and I would bet money on it.

I disagree, but can't argue with that. Nice post. :)