Do u believe in Aliens?

do they exist??  

435 members have voted

1. 1. do they exist??

• YES
    • NO

I think its pretty impossible that we are alone in the universe, so I have to say yes.

going from the topic, "Do u believe in Aliens?", I'm going to say yes! The movie Aliens does in fact exist, and I do believe that truly. :D

The universe is bigger than we could ever imagine, and its growing as we speak. Why should we be the only ones here? There has to be someone else out there, even if its just microbes.

Agree!

There are Billions of planets out there, it would be really strange if not at least one of them have some sort of lifeform.

:huh:

Yes id say they do, but not in the way they are presented in film and TV. Must be another planet out there somewhere, with life of some sort on. If not then we've got more planets to ruin

Back in high school i watched the film Evolution, and they talked about Nitrogen Based lifeforms, i took this a little futher and its possible that lifeforms can also be Nitrogen based as they have the same available "handles" for other atoms to grapple onto it as carbon, i think theyre the only 2 elements with this property.

A note on the universes size - if 1/16 of all stars in the universe had 3 planets at least, its still a big huge crapload of planets which has the possibility of supporting life. We can only explain our "type" of life existing on this planet, when we dont know what other kinds of life there may be (beyond nitrogen and carbon) im no scientist, but the possibility of types of life that dosent rely on proteins and amino acids or even DNA is quite good IMO.

I tihnk we will find that basic life... bacteria and such, is plentfulin the unvierse. I think intelligent life will be a different story. I think it exists other places, but I think it is arrogant to believe that they would come here, or even care WE exist.

Sure there is a possiblity of other life forms, but the Bible speaks nothing of it - so I don't worry about it.

If there are approx 3-10 billion stars in each galaxy, times that by the 10s if not 100s of galaxies we have seen it is very likely we are not alone.

Hundreds of galaxies? Add a bunch of zeroes to that number and you'll getting near it.

i like most people here believe there is life out there somewhere, in our solar system quite probably not. but how many solar systems are in our galazy, a fair few, is it not possible that one of these solar systems could have a planet that could support life. and how many galaxies in the universe, so thats a fair chance that there are planets that could support life, now if even only 1 in a billion planets that could support life actually did, there would still be millions of planets that do have life on them, and im sure at least one of them could have intelligent life. whats even to say that an alien life form needs the same requirements to live as we do, so that would open it up to even more.

The other planets in our solar system are either too hot or too cold, too much gravity, are just plain ice balls, and so on. Apart from Mars, they're suspecting microbic lifeforms under the ice crust of some moon of Jupiter. We'll see what's up there once that probe reaches it.

I'm not aware of any probes going to any Jupiter moons anytime soon. However the Cassini probe will reach Saturn next week, and things should get pretty interesting. The Huygens probe will enter Titan's atmosphere and hopefully land on its surface in December or January. Titan's atmosphere contains many elements that are similar to Earth back in it's infancy, so there is a good chance that there could be life there.