Windows XP huge bug?

Originally posted by stupidicons  

Bain: Have you read any of the posts I've made? If so, certainly not the one about the 'Hide inactive icon' feature. Microsoft putting this 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon in the taskbar and not giving the option to remove it is a bug.  

Overthetop: Why should I waste my money on a NIC card? I'll use one if you buy it for me. Geeze, it seems that everywhere I go, there are tons of idiots. Blah.

WTF..! are you all there man, if you don't want to see the icon then why the hell can't you use the "hide icon" feature if it's annoying you so much..! (or is that called common sense)

WTF's the big deal over hiding it anyway - grow up pal..! if you are really that desperate in removing it permantly without hiding it like most common sensed people would, then contact MS and ask them for the source code - that way you can definately get rid of this "Safety Feature".

I think there must be some way you can remove it by hacking the registry :p

then contact MS and ask them for the source code
10 bucks saids they won't give you... :D

10? Try several million!

Try using gpedit.msc maybe there is an option in there. I don't know because that prog has 100's of options and I am not about to go through them just to find something that is almost worthless!

i don't know why "stupidicons" keep sreffering to the "hide inactive icon feature" that he doesn't want to use (for reasons unknows to me if he's concerned about space on the taskbar :ermm: )

dude, people are telling you to right click on an empty space in the taskbar, click customize, and choose if you want the icon there or not. You get to choose options about any icon on there (regarding visibility/accessability), and even icons that just popped in there for a little while or two.

come on! sheezus! :p :p :p