Pistons vs. Lakers

i usually go for the underdogs, but i think the lakers have more talent and have more experience in the playoffs, so i believe they are going to win.... yet again

I HATE THE LAKERS but serouisly their just unstoppable so much talent on one team, it sick. But good luck to the Pistons they are a strong team, but noone will be able to stop Kobe.

The Pistons are screwed. You want to know why?

The officials in the Lakers-Timberwolves series called it close. There were a lot of cheapy foul calls for both sides. In the Pistons-Pacers series, the officials let them play physical defense and called obvious fouls.

What does this mean?

Well, the Pistons will be used to the physical play and try to muscle up the Lakers on defense. The Lakers aren't physical...they're pansies. I'm willing to bet the house that the officiating in the Finals will be called closely, giving the Lakers an advantage. So, when Karl "WWF" Malone starts flopping around, Derek Fisher flies 5 rows deep in the stands because he got breathed on, or Kobe Bryant takes 5 steps off the dribble, look to see if the Pistons get any of those calls.

I hope to God the Pistons win, I'm so sick of the Lakers and their stupid little side-stories (Malone & Payton, Kobe's trial, etc.). But, the NBA has gone the way of the WWF. You think the Pistons of 1989 could get away with the "Jordan Rules" in 2004? Hell no. And that's exactly how the Pistons could win this series..."The Kobe Rules".

Im going to have to say the Lakers are screwed.

Lakers powerhouse comes from Shaq and Bryant. What happens when Shaq goes up against two magnificant defensive players in Ben wallace and Rasheed Wallace? Also what happens when Kobe finds himself trying to control the hottest player in basketball in Rick Hamilton> the fact is Payton and Malone are getting older and arent capable of producing 30 point games as frequent anymore.

The pistons are red-hot off theie series with Indiana and have the advantage in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

lakers go owned lastnight.

damn, and to think. if they didnt win game 2, the pistons could be going for the kill on sunday.

and the critics were saying the pistons would get swept by the lakers. HA.

Im going to have to say the Lakers are screwed.

Lakers powerhouse comes from Shaq and Bryant. What happens when Shaq goes up against two magnificant defensive players in Ben wallace and Rasheed Wallace? Also what happens when Kobe finds himself trying to control the hottest player in basketball in Rick Hamilton> the fact is Payton and Malone are getting older and arent capable of producing 30 point games as frequent anymore.

The pistons are red-hot off theie series with Indiana and have the advantage in my mind.

Great analsys, couldnt of been more correct.

Go Pistons!

lakers go owned lastnight.

damn, and to think. if they didnt win game 2, the pistons could be going for the kill on sunday.

and the critics were saying the pistons would get swept by the lakers. HA.

the pistons totally couldve won that game, they were just too confident going into OT, but it doesnt matter, theyve obviously learned their lesson. Theyve beat the lakers by 12 and 20, whereas the lakers only squeezed out a win in OT... heres a basic inequality i came up with that might help those slow on the uptake to figure out whos gonna win the 2004 championship:

Pistons > Lakers

I gotta cheer for my home team!! Even though they got owned last night! :whistle:

Go Lakers! :p

they didn't get owned last night, it was premeditated, we murdered them, chopped up thier bodies, and burnt them.

hahahahahahahaha

lakers suck!!!!!!!1 it should be a sweep, if it wasn't for kobes lucky ass shot in game 2. man, last night was a total embarassment!

man, the pistons coulda swept them if it were for that pure luck shot in game 2.

this is great. it is just like seeing the yankees lose the world series when they are so favored to win.

one more game detroit!