Windows messenger XP

In that case, your bro might have deleted msgrocm.dll (C:Windowssystem32Setup):sleeping: Replace it with the one on CD (I'm sure it's there) then re-load Add/Remove Program again, see if "Windows Messenger" is there. Oh, don't forget to remove 'hide' from sysoc.inf (read the HOWTO on link above):p

You haven't tried everything yet. Let's see.... You have a Dell... The typical solution from Dell would be "Reinstall". I'm a service technician and I see this stuff all the time. You have a great multi-user system, so why are you not using it... I bet he was using your account and that account has full Administrator access. Give him his own account and lock it down so he has no access for deleting system files.

You can either reinstall XP or go grab "Trillian the ultimate chat program" and it will access your MSN account.

Weird, Windows Messenger should appear if you've that .dll file in where it suppose to be and you've removed 'hide' from windowsinfsysoc.inf. Ok, so it don't appear, messenger is prolly a part of IE, Try re-install IE, see if it works.. Goodluck.:old:

who knows? whoever it was (or wasn't) helped me out, since i now have messneger4, so i'm happy.

To any other phantom spirits out there on the net: you are welcome to send me any more useful or free suff anytime!