!URGENT! Two installs of windows at boot?

Ok, my gf has a Dell, it was a mess, so I stuck her Dell cd in to format for her.

As I was setting everything up, for some stupid reason, I deleted the 31MB FAT32 partition at the front of the disk (never clueing it that it maybe be important) anyway, now when I boot, I get a screen asking me what operating system I want to boot to. Both options are 'Windows XP Home Edition', the first choice boots to windows, the second says something about <Windows Root>\System32\hal.dll is not there. Either way, I dunno what happened, if there was a boot loader in the FAT32 partition (why the hell would there be?) or something needs to be chnged in the autoexec or whatever it's called. If anyone knows how I could make it just boot straight into the working install of windows I'd a ppreciated it . . . I need to know quick cuz I'm leaving for the weekend and wanted to make a clean ghost image before she has a chance to muck it up again

Where should the file be?? I always thought boot.ini was in C:\Windows\boot.ini . . . but there was nothing there, and I did a search and no boot.ini showed up anyway either??

Does this 31MB Partition come with all Dells?

It's on my girlfriend's Dimension 2400, so I assume that's a yes.

andRUWeir: Did you have any problems activating Windows once it was installed?