• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Question

Spike101M69    0

WHat Exactly Does A TRansfer Limit Mean>? For Ex. , If i have a monthly transfer limit of 100MB, and my home page has a 1 MB BMP On It, DOes That Count As 1 Meg FOr Every Visit??? Or does it only apply do certain things, like when someone d/l's something 1 meg??

5 answers to this question

Spike101M69    0
? ? ? ?

.....    0

i think viewing a 1 meg pic counts as downloading 1meg, so therefore u can only view the pic 100 times a month

CustardFD    0

The transfer limit includes anything that is sent to/from your site. That includes HTML pages, bitmaps, or anything else that would be called a 'download'. An html page is a download, its just that people don't refer to it as that.

Roger H.    776

yeah.. that's your limit.. it wouldn't even be 100times it would be less than that but i doubt it's 100MB, even cheap geocities.com gives me 3GB per month and right now i'm over that... and i don't have any big files on my site... just normal 13KB jpg and HTML files.. :)

Tim Dorr    0

Ok, I'll make the assumption you're talking about a webhosting account.

First off, check your Terms of Service (TOS) to see what your host says. It should clarify in there. Usually, when they specify a certain ammount of transfer bandwidth, it's for everything. If it's being transferred over their lines, they're charging you.

So, I wouldn't use that as my sig host just yet...