help removing waterproof penmark

is there anything around the house that would safely remove a waterproof pen's (the ones used to write on cd's) mark from my lcd screen?

yelp :p

i know rubbing alcohol will get rid of perminent marker, but i am not sure if it will do anything bad to your lcd or not.

i know rubbing alcohol will get rid of perminent marker, but i am not sure if it will do anything bad to your lcd or not.

anybody know about this?

That would also completely wreck the coating on the screen, but I can't think of a better solution.

How the hell you managed to do that though?

well. i was playing scoutkniez against bots and i wanted to get really good @ noscope, so i made this tiniest little spot :p then i realized it was a waterproof marker :pinch:

:huh: The official word on LCD cleaning in Apple manuals is to use a solution of diluted isopropyl alcohol, no more than a 50% solution. Usually the rubbing alcohol you buy at a drugstore that is either 90% or 98% pure but 98% is pretty hard to get (you don't need it anyway). I mix 1 part water and 1 part 90% isopropyl alcohol, which works out to... um.. something just under a 50% solution.

Be absolutely sure to use a very VERY soft cloth. I use a piece of soft flannel. Do NOT use paper towels or anything more abrasive than an old worn out cotton Tshirt. Absolutely do NOT use windex or anything with ammonia in it, it can etch the screen surface and can cause the plastic to go cloudy. You don't want that to happen!

BTW, there is a commercial cleaning solution called something like Klear-Screen, it's pretty expensive. It is merely a 50% solution of isopropyl alcohol and water.