Foobar2000 Customization Topic

here's my latest one:

2010-1.png

2010-2.png

a few people have asked for this in the desktop thread so i've uploaded it here....

http://cid-649d3bfeaf541fbb.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/foobar/configs/2010.7z

all components included except columns UI - i assume most foobar users have that already. before you import the .fcl file make sure you go to tools>preferences>wsh panel mod and uncheck "safe mode".

it was made for my own use so it's very minimal indeed. you might not find it practical - for example there are no playback control buttons - i use my keyboard.

for the last.fm biography page to work, you'll need a last.fm api key which you can get here......

http://www.last.fm/api/account

also, the last.fm image panel doesn't download images automatically. you have to trigger it manually using the context menu. if you don't want to use last.fm for images, you can configure it to use a custom folder instead. just right click it to find the various options. you can click any image to make it fill the panel. click it again and it will go back to thumbnail view.

note: it can be slow if there are too many images - i don't think there is much i can do about that. :p

here's my latest one:

i get this error when i use your script

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (GUID: 9B4112DF-2C5A-4156-B147-D39A80C5A8F3, CODE: 0x80020101)

Check the console for more detailed information (Always caused by unexcepted script error).

i like your layout just cant use it with that error code above

did you follow this step?

before you import the .fcl file make sure you go to tools>preferences>wsh panel mod and uncheck "safe mode".

if you still see an error, click the file button and you should see the console panel. copy/paste the error details from there.

and you are running this on a system with aero enabled? it won't work without it.

I found a skin on DeviantArt called SubjectBeauty and decided to mod it up a bit, adding in a search bar and chaning the UI slightly. You can find the download link in my original topic Here.

foobarow.jpg

I like that theme. Also - Journey is one of the greatest bands ever !!

Ok, so I'm new to foobar2000 so excuse my noobieness. I have been playing with different plugins like esplaylists and others trying to get a specific configuration and just can't seem to do it. I wanted to see if anyone here could help with that. I would like it to be how I have it in this picture. It would be especially nice if where the albums are listed you could see a thumbnail of the album art.

post-117431-12777668283478.png

Here is my config. I used to have all the flash, but all I want is something to play music and get the lfm radio - I wish someone would make a port for pandora. It is still a work in progress. Customized by me ..

post-341062-12778368813837.jpg

did you follow this step?

if you still see an error, click the file button and you should see the console panel. copy/paste the error details from there.

and you are running this on a system with aero enabled? it won't work without it.

Mine dont seem to work properly... looks like this. Maybe I did not extract it properly into the foorbar folder?

post-83491-12778951797439.jpg

you need to turn the main toolbars off.

if you want playback buttons, add them to the bottom of the root vertical splitter.

Thanks for that... everytime I wanna add buttons I end up messing up the whole thing lol

@ LukeEDay - what component allows you to show the song progress bar overlapping the playlist like that? please share.... hopefully this can be done with NG playlist

Okay, I'm new to foobar skinning and all that and I'm trying to modify a existing skin, fooPlacebo

I managed changing all I want but one thing:

foobarj.jpg

Could someone please tell me how I can change the color of the black rectangle at the bottom? (the one where the media controls are put onto)

I looked through every script and every splitter setting and can't find anything.

Thanks in advance ;) (and don't worry, all for personal use^^)

Could someone please tell me how I can change the color of the black rectangle at the bottom? (the one where the media controls are put onto)

I looked through every script and every splitter setting and can't find anything.

- - - - -

Hi SkyDX

Right-click in the black area and choose "Splitter Settings -> Scripts...

Scroll down to:

$gradientrect(0,$sub(%ps_height%,80),%ps_width%,80,10-10-10,0-0-0,horizontal)

- and change the values to something different like this:

$gradientrect(0,$sub(%ps_height%,80),%ps_width%,80,210-210-210,95-30-30,)

Love from Natasha

- - - - -

Hi SkyDX

Right-click in the black area and choose "Splitter Settings -> Scripts...

Scroll down to:

$gradientrect(0,$sub(%ps_height%,80),%ps_width%,80,10-10-10,0-0-0,horizontal)

- and change the values to something different like this:

$gradientrect(0,$sub(%ps_height%,80),%ps_width%,80,210-210-210,95-30-30,)

Love from Natasha

Thanks Natasha, can't believe that I overlooked that line just because it had gradient in it and the black rectangle wasn't a gradient :p

You helped me alot, thanks again!^^

Simple Columns UI set up, btw if anyone knows how to properly add the spectrum visualisation to the bottom as i've shown with the red bar, please let me know :) T

83118651.jpg

My layout:

1857806.png

It's fairly simple, but I like the long seekbar and volume control.

Not shown: handy global hotkeys :p

Well, this is my actual layout. I want to get a modern seekbar and volume panel, and a bit more cool item details panel. Anyone could help me? Thanks very much.

post-344910-12786390800565.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice and simple :)

X0bzO.png

Hi, I love it... do you mind sharing your layout setup please? :)