Foobar2000 Customization Topic

Just installed foo_columns and am loving it :D

Here's what I have so far

Quick question: In the playlist, how do I get each cell/row to be alternating colours?

looking for the iTunes look?

give foo_tunes a try.

footunes.jpg

it's really great, but it's got a pretty nasty bug in the latest version where closing foobar 0.8.2 still leaves the process running, and you have to manually kill it..

other than that, it's awesome and as close to iTunes you'll get from foobar2000. not to mention, a great iTunes alternative..

(Y)

looking for the iTunes look?

give foo_tunes a try.

http://www.blaise.us/storage/files/footunes.jpg

it's really great, but it's got a pretty nasty bug in the latest version where closing foobar 0.8.2 still leaves the process running, and you have to manually kill it..

other than that, it's awesome and as close to iTunes you'll get from foobar2000. not to mention, a great iTunes alternative..

(Y)

Nah Ive tried foo_tunes before and it wasnt my thing...but thats whats so great about foobar..choice :)

I'm happy with my foo_columns setup but alternating cell colors would add that finishing touch.

Nexx:

switch to globals-->colours

there you have some customization options (explanation: lower right 'help'-->'global help') e.g. mine looks like this:

// text

$rgb(255,255,255)|

// selected text

$rgb(255,255,255)|

// background

$if(%_isplaying%,$rgb(69,110,150),

$if($strcmp($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),1),$rgb(245,246,248),$rgb(233,237,242)))|

// selected background

$rgb(60,149,170)

look for the 2 last rgb values in 'background'

And all those requesting the config file, either here or by mass PMing me, I can't rip this other dude's work... if you want it so badly, go hunt down this Neksus guy on the HA forums yourself, ask him if he would allow me to release it, and then I'll be happy to attach it here for anyone to download... I am warning you, though: after I modified it, I didn't bother at all to remove all the redundent stuff so it's not optimized at all... but whatever.

Hey Rexy!

Nice mod of Azrael!

Permission text:

Rexy is hereby permitted to distribute his mod of Azrael formatting string for columns_ui by me, Neksus!

(if you want it optimized, send it to me and I will have a little look!)

--

Neksus

Nexx:

switch to globals-->colours

there you have some customization options (explanation: lower right 'help'-->'global help') e.g. mine looks like this:

look for the 2 last rgb values in 'background'

:jump:

Edited by nexx

It has taken a while, but here they are:

MY FOOBAR BUTTONS ( BASED ON ORIGINAL FIREFOX ONES).

They are here in PNG 32bit alphablending, so just convert them to BMP and go on.

Hope you like them :rolleyes:

post-45-1087391380.png

It has taken a while, but here they are:

MY FOOBAR BUTTONS ( BASED ON ORIGINAL FIREFOX ONES).

They are here in PNG 32bit alphablending, so just convert them to BMP and go on.

Hope you like them :rolleyes:

can you post your bmp? no matter how i convert it (BMP 16/24/32), i still get white edges around the buttons..

PNG should really be implemented in columns_ui..

Um, after applying those buttons in Foobar, I get 7 buttons with 2 icons each. If you took the above aqua.bmp buttons and split every 2 icons into a single button, that is how it looks. There are no rollover/pressed effects. What do I need to do to fix this?

Um, after applying those buttons in Foobar, I get 7 buttons with 2 icons each. If you took the above aqua.bmp buttons and split every 2 icons into a single button, that is how it looks. There are no rollover/pressed effects. What do I need to do to fix this?

select "Bitmap includes mouseover images"

I think that I will have to try some of this. Does anyone know if there is a plug-in so it plays iTunes files?

it's supported by default, no need for 3rd-party plugin

Where can I download Lucida Grande for Windows?

and is it possible to get smaller playback buttons? The customs all seem to be a bit bulky for me.

Thx.

Rexy are you going to release it? He's given you permission.

Rexy has sent the file to me! I am going to optimize the code (remove features he does not use) and then release it!

But yesterday my PC crashed so I am just getting everything up-and-running now!

Maybe tonight maybe tomorrow! I am forced to use my laptop so I have to install foobar2000 and rip som cd's!

--

Neksus

Edited by Neksus