Rayovac 15 Minute Charger

Rayovac 15 Minute I-C? Charger>

image2.jpg

Tired of lugging around all of those batteries for yourcamera> with you just incase the ones you are originally using suddenly quit, and the day just started? Oh the frustration in changing them out all the time, must stop! With the Rayovac charger, you no longer have to lug around sets of batteries anymore, when all you need are their I-C? batteries, and the 15 minute charger.

image3.jpg

> Rayovac 15 Minute Charger

> Two of their Rayovac I-C? batteries

> Instruction Manual, Product Registration, and other helpful tips to get the best use out of the charger

I was impressed, a lot. You can tell it's finished by the lights turning off, and the fan stopping.

http://zig.zerb.net/images/neowin/review/rayovac/image1.jpg[In use.n>

However, there's a catch to all of this. The fan which is placed above the batteries, where you can see the slits in the plastic are a little bit louder than my entire system. It does not let off a high pitch whine, it's just... a tad loud. Also, the batteries were brilliantly hot. I could not keep my finger on them for more than a couple of seconds until I had to let-off. But this isn't too much of a problem as I do not see a reason to continuously see hot the batteries get, every time. You must also purchase their I-C? batteries in order to get the 15 minute charge. It'll still charge all other batteries, but at a much slower rate.

I conclude that this charger, and batteries are top notch. You cannot go wrong with them, and they are rated for 2000 mAh's. If you have a camera that uses regular AA batteries, I would recommend picking up this charger, and a set of their batteries (As only two of them come with the charger already).

For more information on this charger, and the way the batteries operate, you can visit Rayovac'here.rl]

I paid $27.83 for the Rayovac charger and $12.74 for the extra four AA 2000 mAh Rayovac I-C? batteries at WAL*MART. The performance is 100% there with the price you pay for this.

Edited by jhSellars

i have the energizer version of this...

takes 30 minutes

but no fan

it's really nice considering my digital camera uses aa batteries, and so does my wireless keyboard, tv remote, etc.

Yeah I figured I'd go ahead and purchase the 15 minute charger because I like to do things at the last millisecond, and this way I won't be waiting fourty days for a charged battery.

Haven't bought rechargables in a long time, but the ones I do have (they're...around a decade old?) don't last too long.

I bet the newer rechargables offer comparable performance to alkaline batteries, however, as noted, they will begin to lose some of their charge within a few days of non-use, unlike alkaline batteries, which can last years unused.

Thanks for the compliments.

Regular alkaline rechargables can only be recharged up to 50 times, where NiMH's can be recharged up to 500-1000 times.

NiMH's have a shelf-life of around 30-60 days before they should be recharged again, if not being used.

mAh, stands for milli-ampere hours. The higher this number, the longer lasting it will be. 2,400 mAh's is the highest rated NiMH battery out on the market at the moment. If a 1000 mAh battery is subjected to a 1000 mAh discharge current, it will last around 1 hour. 2000 mAh against 2000 mAh discharge, 2 hours. I can't find out how much a regular digital camera asks for in the mAh range, so I cannot give you a good comparison and an actual spec on how long these NiMH batt's would last in a camera.

can we get any confirmation on this from people who own these rechargable batteries?

They last a lot longer than regular alkalines, due to their high mAh rating.

They last a lot longer than regular alkalines, due to their high mAh rating.

ahh okay.

i thought i remembered learning something about that in physics and chem, but i wasn't too sure.

thanks for the info ;)

I actually just read about this yesterday. what a coincindence that i log on today and see there is a review about these batteries! I also was a little skeptical of these batteries, i mean 15 minutes? thats amazing. but I have read around, digital camera review sites love these babies, and they all say the same thing. These really work. they charge in a good 15 minutes. Once i get my digicam i will for sure pick up this charger and 2 packs of 4xAA's. (one set in the camera and one in the charger)

nice review! :D

I would totally recommend the energizer version, just because they've served me well (they still do actually) I don't like Rayovac, seems like cheap batteries to me IMO. Bought a pair and never liked em (short life, cheap feel in your electronic gear, blah blah blah)

Cheers

I would totally recommend the energizer version, just because they've served me well (they still do actually) I don't like Rayovac, seems like cheap batteries to me IMO. Bought a pair and never liked em (short life, cheap feel in your electronic gear, blah blah blah)

Cheers

Uh have you ever tried I-C3 batteries?

I'll be waiting when you actually have. And if you have, good for you on recommending a 30 minute charger.

Cheers

isn't rayovac just a cheaper energizer? i seem to remember reading somewhere that energizer owned rayovac (or the company that owns energizer owns rayovac too).

i've never compared the rechargeables to the e2 (e-squared) batteries from energizer, but they do last longer than any of the regular batteries i've tried.

isn't rayovac just a cheaper energizer?  i seem to remember reading somewhere that energizer owned rayovac (or the company that owns energizer owns rayovac too).

Energizer used to be owned by Ralston Purina but was spun off in 2001. Simple put, Energizer owns... Energizer.

Rayovac is owned by Thomas H Lee (Source: Here. Scroll down to 1996 & A friend for the link ).

They are both completely seperate companies and do not own a piece of each other in any way.

i've never compared the rechargeables to the e2 (e-squared) batteries from energizer, but they do last longer than any of the regular batteries i've tried.

Are the e^2 rechargeable? Isn't it obvious you still have to throw them out when they are dead, and buy another pack, and another pack, and another? This seems to be rather expensive after a while. Whether or not they perform really well or not, it boils down to the money you have to end up paying over a months course. I'd rather have a battery that'll last 1,000 recharges, than none. ; )

Are the e^2 rechargeable? Isn't it obvious you still have to throw them out when they are dead, and buy another pack, and another pack, and another? This seems to be rather expensive after a while. Whether or not they perform really well or not, it boils down to the money you have to end up paying over a months course. I'd rather have a battery that'll last 1,000 recharges, than none. ; )

not to the person who asked how long they lasted compared to alkaline batteries. it's nice you like the batteries, but somebody asked the question; it deserves to be answered.

I use to use only e^2 until I used these babies when I was borrowing my friends digital camera a month ago. The batteries do get hot and the fan is loud but it is only on for 15 minutes. Stick it in your bedroom or whatever and come back when they are done. I loved them because they last a long time on a single charge and charge quickly. I would've bought my own if my digital camera didn't have a proprietary battery. At least it lasts pretty much all day.

I have a charger like that here at home, but from another brand and also using other batteries 1800mah. It really is handy. Especially when on a vacation. Batteries are used for some digital cameras, discmans, gameboys... so batteries need to be recharged often.