Anti-Virus Companies == Virus Writers

I think the Anti-Virus companies are the ones that are writing the viruses... or have some association with the virus writers.

Think about it, if there was no viruses.. these anti-virus companies would be out of business.

What do you think? :unsure:

Hmm, makes you wonder about firefighters...

Have you read about the firefighters in darwin awards, this guy got kicked off the force (i dont know what to call it), started lighting fires and putting them out to show how good he was, untll he set a house on fire, and got stuck in the attic.

To prove that rationality is overrated...

Why does it make more sense to pay a bunch of guys to stop fires, than to simply pay everyone to not start them?

hmm, without viruses there would be no av companies. Therefore, it must be true that av companies write all of the viruses! And I bet all of the car thieves also make car alarms! And all of the muggers work for pepper spray companies!

The AV companies may hype up some situtation to increase sale, they probably hire virus writers to get an inside edge but i doubt they're responsible for releasing all these viruses and worms.

Thats like saying MS software is purposely full of bugs to make us upgrade when the time comes.

Edit: Yeh after reading my own post, I agree with you

Actually they write virii all the time they just never set it loose. The main reason they write it is a proof-of-concept type virii to get people warned that it can be done.

But has an AV company actually written a virus and then loosed it on the public? I doubt that very much, the fallout would be way too great and I'm sure one of any of thier competitors would love to call them on it if someone had done that.

anti-virus coperations dont need to write viruses

as long as there are very angry 13 year old kids with a modem and a copy of visual C++

there in business

Didnt Symantec have a fix for a virus one time that wasnt even in the wild yet?

Yes, they've done that a few times. I've seen McAfee do it too!

I've always thought that the majority of virus writers belonged to either the virus companies or to Microsoft themselves. It is clever if that's true though, the companies are making a killing by selling Antivirus programs top dollar ($50-100 for client and thousands for enterprise editions, with licenses). If it's true, they are geniuses!

Actually they write virii all the time they just never set it loose.

Could this be why some viri dont have a payload or didnt quite work properly. Maybe they was not suppose to work just a test to scare everyone into buying thier programs.

Umm most likely no.

See there's tons of virus writers out there in real life right now. This is not hyped, exagerated, or a lie. There really is no need whatsoever for an AV company to make and release a virus on the market. None. I know you want to think that but it's just not necessary and doesn't help thier business at all.

So lets look at the facts again:

1. More than enough malware authors already making virii so no need for the AV companies to also make it as well.

2. Risk of getting caught too great, seriousely if a company was found out doing this you think they'd ever sell a corporate license again? Granted a moronic home user might still buy them but thier profits would sink big time.

3. The mere fact that NONE of the other AV vendors has called another out and claimed they're releasing virii is proof in of itself because said competitor would stand to gain the most by exposing a rivals misdoings.

4. Most people who work for an anti-virus company can not code that sloppy, unless they're Symantec :).

5. The theory is just silly. Did they also set up fake arrests as well? Are they now hiring hackers so they can sell security suite software that now includes a firewall instead of just thier anti-virus program? Are they sending spam now so they can sell anti-spam software? Wait. Maybe Norton fragments your hard drive purposefully so you have to buy Norton Speeddisk!

So again, no they don't and no they don't have to because there's already enough bad people out there doing that for them. Why should they dirty thier hands?

Have you read about the firefighters in darwin awards, this guy got kicked off the force (i dont know what to call it), started lighting fires and putting them out to show how good he was, untll he set a house on fire, and got stuck in the attic.

Or that volunteer firefighter in the US last year that lit a bunch of fires.

Hmm, makes you wonder about firefighters...

I don't know if my mind got that thought after I quickly scrolled through but somehow I got that idea too :laugh:

anti-virus coperations dont need to write viruses

as long as there are very angry 13 year old kids with a modem and a copy of visual C++

there in business

(Y)