Anti-Virus Companies == Virus Writers

pkill

come to think of it i agree with u most antivirus companies probably do right the viruses themselves

clonk
anti-virus coperations dont need to write viruses

as long as there are very angry 13 year old kids with a modem and a copy of visual C++

there in business

Please. I think we call those angry 13 olds script kiddies.

Hum

:rolleyes: Prob. some small groups within the AV companies do do this.

morkuma

*puts on tinfoil hat*

BOOGMaster
anti-virus coperations dont need to write viruses

as long as there are very angry 13 year old kids with a modem and a copy of visual C++

there in business

Ben, it's amazing...we finally agree on something.

Redestium
So what about police? They pay people to drug deal in the streets?

Have you seen Training Day?

boomn

I suppose there are also crazy drivers/hitmen hired by car comapnies to go around and cause accidents so that we buy all their safety features. :rolleyes:

ElectronicRealm

we can all keep giving responces like 'well i guess x is responcible for y then' and in some cases we have established that is true, but in this case, no.

think about this

a major virus comes out i.e. msblast and av companies like symantech release a FREE scanner and removal tool. you could essentially servive of these tools, i think they are there to help, they only charge for the software to pay for the vast amount of research and human resourses needed to make an av program

Edited by ElectronicRealm
ThunderRiver

you guys are watching too much "Mission Impossible II"!

It is possible, but I don't think it is very pratical. It will be dog eat dog because one antivirus company can even unleash the secret ..and then so on and so forth. It does no good to the company in general.

BOOGMaster
you guys are watching too much "Mission Impossible II"!

It is possible, but I don't think it is very pratical. It will be dog eat dog because one antivirus company can even unleash the secret ..and then so on and so forth. It does no good to the company in general.

and the morticians go around killing people...

• 3 weeks later...
skiiper

could be possible. lol They write more viruses to infect ppl's computers so that they would go and buy their product! The bast@rds! it was them all along! :laugh:

graeme_7799

very possible. i have thought of this too for quite some time.

graeme_7799
we can all keep giving responces like 'well i guess x is responcible for y then' and in some cases we have established that is true, but in this case, no.

think about this

a major virus comes out i.e. msblast and av companies like symantech release a FREE scanner and removal tool. you could essentially servive of these tools, i think they are there to help, they only charge for the software to pay for the vast amount of research and human resourses needed to make an av program

one might also want to check their spelling!! hence the responSible

dacris2000

Absolute Fact. (IMO :laugh: )

b3ta

I think antivirus companies sponsor or encourage 'otherwise' certain groups to write malicious code. :yes:

b3ta
Virus writers == Antivirus companies?? Absolute trash!

I think the Anti-Virus companies are the ones that are writing the viruses... or have some association with the virus writers.

That's not what he's saying. :p

b3ta
So what about police? They pay people to drug deal in the streets?

This has happened. Don't laugh. It has! :/

BOOGMaster
,Jun 30 2004, 06:12] This has happened. Don't laugh. It has! :/

he isn't kidding! it happens here as well...

GNRambo

lol damn, :(

+John Teacake

think about this

think about this. When MSblaster came about yeah just think of all the noobs that took there PC's into big stores such as PC world and were conned into buying Norton Antivirus because someone behind the counter said to them to prevent this happening again you need this installed and then they quite happily pay ?30 or whatever it costs. They could possibly create a virus like that when sales of antivirus software are slumping to help the sales pick up again.

Andrew Lyle
Hmm, makes you wonder about firefighters...

and police... and why george bush ignored threats from osama... give america something to do?

dreamthief
and police... and why george bush ignored threats from osama... give america something to do?

hmmm you might be correct on that. Give america something to do... rather something to fear and something bush can gain. (NOTE : fear terrorist, destroy afghan, capture Iraq, so called known WMD, and so far no WMD found)

Watch Fahrenheit 9 / 11. Nice movie. Wonder how true are those mentioned in the movie? :shifty:

demorgoron

anti virus companies not only could be making viruses,they also frightens everybody that like if you dont have a antivirus your life is at risk or something

Vafer1
Hmm, makes you wonder about firefighters...

we actually had that happen here in arizona, a firefighter started a forest fire that is known as the rodeo-chedeski fire, which burned 469,000 acres in arizona.

Hupp

it would only make sense, its a way to make sure they are always needed especially when times were slow heh