• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Cars] Leaping Jag Logo - banned!

Axel    95

I was looking on the jaguar USA site and noticed that the cars still have the little leaping jaguar statuette on the front of the bonet. I still don't entirely understand why we're not allowed this in the UK, it gives the car a whole lot more presence and makes it look a damn sight cooler. My Dad's got an X-Type and it would look SOOO much better with the leaping cat on!

So can any anyone explain the exact reason we're not allowed them in the UK? From what I've read so far it seems somewhat petty to me!

post-7-1087035512.jpg

noir    0

Maybe it's a security thing so if you hit a pedestrian they shouldn't get hit by the jag.

hornett    0

I think it's because of safety regulations.

Imagine if a child got hit by the car and got impaled on the leaping jaguar .... wouldn't look so cool then would it?!

Axel    95

But it's allowed in america, and other cars have similar things, Rolls Royce for example, that's not spring loaded or anything and that has the potential to impale. TBH it seems stupid to take it away! As I say, america has no objection to it.

nwBen    0

Definantly for safety :yes: We have them here in Australia though - maybe the English Government is too paranoid or something? :unsure:

Axel    95

hmmm comes to think about it. It'd be pretty painful if u happened to roll up the bonet of this car! I still want them back!!!

post-7-1087036708.jpg

nwBen    0
I still want them back!!!

I bet you do :laugh: - You'll probobly go run down some poor school kid with it :hmmm:

eye_see_you    0

well I have to say this america is about money .. and if then can allow that leaping jag on the front then its probably another grand in the pocket .. just my view though

Axel    95

they cud probably cud away with spring loading it like the merc logo... so if something hits it, it would push into the bonet?

RazorSA    0

Dude ... If I am hit by a Jag at 60mph ... the little thing on the bonnet is the LAST thing that I am thinking about !!!

Know what I mean ???

p0welly    1

Health and Safety

they dont like pointy bits on the front of cars :no:

(as if being hit my 2 tones of jaguar wouldnt do enough damage)

altezza    0

It's more exclusive in other markets I think.

ANova    0

If someone gets hit by a car do you really think a little figurine sticking out is going to make a difference between life and death? The 3000 pound hunk of steal and aluminum ramming into a 150 pound object made up of flesh is going to do the majority of the damage.

SunnyB    0

I wonder if there is not a bigger, underlying problem here.

Are the people in the UK accustomed to walking in the path of

moving automobiles? Do they totally disregard the fact that

a 3000 lb machine, moving at an accelerated rate, will cause

the stupid, careless pedestrian a lot of pain and anguish?

A very progressive country, the UK. Stop all automobile traffic

in lieu of pedestrian or bicycle traffic.

Gas rationing;

Blackouts;

Curfews;

Bomb shelters;

Shades of WW2 Winston. Maybe the UK should let go of the 40's and 50's

ideology and move into the 80's and 90's.

And while I'm at it, get rid of that Queen. I mean, after all,

how many resident queens can one country have?

Hail to the Queens, Elton and Elizabeth.

Deaf Spacker    0

Elton a member of royalty? :/

noir    0
If someone gets hit by a car do you really think a little figurine sticking out is going to make a difference between life and death?

Obviously if you drive really fast and hit someone it won't matter but at lower speeds it may.

And the jag ornament is very different from the Mercedes, the Mercedes would easily bend back if something hit it but the jag is pointing straight out.

p0welly    1
If someone gets hit by a car do you really think a little figurine sticking out is going to make a difference between life and death? The 3000 pound hunk of steal and aluminum ramming into a 150 pound object made up of flesh is going to do the majority of the damage.

at 20mph, i think that would make all the difference!

Deaf Spacker    0

And it would hurt if it hit your family jewels >_<

p0welly    1
And it would hurt if it hit your family jewels >_<

they'd be left hanging from the jaguar emblem!

:wacko:

Deaf Spacker    0

Powelly! I'm trying to eat! Even though I mentioned the family jewels first, ah well.

FiREFLi    0

hahhahaha!!! :laugh: I always thought I liked them with the jag on the front, but it look rediculous!!! bahahah!! :rofl: I'm glad they're not on UK jags! bahah! post-7-1087036708.jpg

It looks like a little hand coming out of the bonnet! heh, stupidd!!

andy2004    1

flesh is a design flaw :rolleyes:

asdfreii    0

I'm pretty sure it was to do with ownership, e.g Jaguar signed an deal so the little Jaguar figurine would be released exclusively for overseas markets. I agree, its pretty petty. We have them on our Jags here in N.Z, so if you wanted one THAT MUCH, you could just pay about 3x the amount and IMPORT one lol.

While we're on the topic, lets talk about their grills! :x Talk about a communication breakdown! The body on most Jags screams 'DIGNIFIED' from behind, but once you see that grill, you can't help but think 'PILLOCK!' :rofl:

.KICK    3

You guys talking about the pointy thing being driven into you when you get hit by one sent a chill down my spine

Pygmy_Hippo    90
Elton a member of royalty? :/

Come on let's face it - if it's between Elizabeth 2 and Elton as to who's the biggest Queen then the crown goes to David Furnish's wife - not Prince Phillip's :D