Got 3 min to spare?

Question

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if you can take a look at my new web site, just started it, and feeling proud. But before i advertise it in the paper, and local mall, i wanted your opinion.

the site is located at www.l2-designs.com

forum:<<snipped>> No recruiting members allowed here.

before you want to advertise perhaps you should work on your portfolio, also i think you can make something bettter than:

"Welcome to l2-designs.com. Our staff offers you a smooth and pleasing design. You can choose from our packages including Web Site Scripting, to Graphics and Programming all the way to Database Management, and Account Activations."

Erm... for a website design company website, you want something to really show the user what you're capable of. And if that site is the height of your sk!llz then I'm afraid I don't see how thing's will work. Sorry.

The design looks far too dated and there isn't really much exciting going on. Nothing dynamic or fresh about it. Sorry :/

Following area91's percentage route, I'll give it 41%

don't know what the percentages are based off of.

I personally would check at the fonts. For example on the main page you have "Times New Roman" for dates and headings and the rest seems a smooth verdana. Doesn't really go together. Unfortunately you will have to show more of your experiences in order to get your website rolling. Remember.... people want to be impressed by your website programming expertises.

did you make this site to celebrate your 12th birthday?

it really isn't very nice to navigate or use and really does feel like a proof of concept, rather than a design.

35%

Probably not too far off kitteny_berk.

Seriously though, I wouldn't risk parting with money for a website made by a company that isn't able to show me they're capable of at least constructing a solid looking simple design for their own website. xSammyx is right in saying you really do need to get a portfolio up together, even if they're scenario websites - that's better than nothing at all.

You got a long way to go before that site will come over as an operation being run by a skilled and professional person. Looks like a school kid wrote it.

It is ****. Plain and simple.

If I had to score it, I would give it 5% for effort. 0% for everything else.

I could go into details as to why it sucks, and how it could be improved, but I won't. I just hope no one is stupid enough to pay over $400 to have a bunch of kids whip together a ****ty template-based site in Frontpage.

I wouldn't even entrust you with my feces, let alone a vital part of my business.

The fact that all the "team members" go by psuedonyms like "G 5ive" and "Lizard.Boy" doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of confidence in your abilities either.

Stick to mowing lawns or a paper route for now.

I wouldn't even entrust you with my feces, let alone a vital part of my business.
:laugh:
The fact that all the "team members" go by psuedonyms like "G 5ive" and "Lizard.Boy" doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of confidence in your abilities either.
:laugh:

I have to agree. :rolleyes: You need to really hone your talents before you start going into business. Seriously, is that like your 2nd website ever?

Stick to mowing lawns or a paper route for now.

:laugh: :pinch:

Yeah, I gotta agree. This site is garbage. Don't mean to put you down, but I just can't lie to you. I think I'm actually doing you a favor by telling you the truth :whistle: .

The layout is just fugly, and your english/writing skills are very poor. I seriously don't think the site deserves an actual % rating.

If you're serious about website design, why not take some actual classes? Do you really think companies such as IBM or (insert big company name here) rely on someone who goes by G 5ive to design their site?

Why not do something more productive with your time? Just a thought...

This happens alot, people learn some photoshop and html, next thing you know they are a webdesigner and open <insert cheesy name> labs, or studios

Your website hurts my eyes: literally. I don't know if its just my resolution but your forum buttons are blurry as is your top banner. It literally hurts the eyes to look at them. Try sharpening then up a bit.

Note: aside from the massive flames they do have a point: your own website design is the first impression and MUST be the best work you can do - if that is your best you cannot possibly compete with the competition.

needs work. run it through the html toolbox because you do have some spelling/grammar mistakes, and it does, as others have said, need a uniform font + better nav. not too fresh and WOW-worthy

Complete your website before you waste your money advertizing it.. Add some dynamic scripts to it, spicing it up.. It is small and bland as of now. If the background was Black outside your tables it would look better in my opinion if your keeping that res. Make your banner the full width of the page at the top, having it like 150 pixels smaller on each side looks tacky. Get rid of the home button and change it to the banner for your page. Just some ideas, its a decent design but needs some sprucing up to make me want to have anything to do with your company. Your not running google here :p

Damn guys way to improve his spirits. Instead of giving him advice you basically flame the guy. Sure he is probably not older than 15, but we were all that age once. At our age it was mowing lawns or <insert lame chore here>, not to mention that I bet some people that replied to this thread aren't even much older.

Instead of constructive critisism, we basically put the guy down. You should definitely be ashamed of yourself... sure he could definitely use some work but saying things like "I wouldn't even trust my feces with you"... what is the point. He is even scared to reply to his own thread.

Use higher quality graphics for your tabs. The ones you have now look like they came straight out of MSPaint, using its default crappy compression algorithm...

You can use these tab graphics if you want... Fool around with them...

post-31-1087373135.png

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if you can take a look at my new web site, just started it, and feeling proud.

Well he said he was feeling proud and c'mon, everyone first attempt at a website must of looked like that. Then again, if it wasnt his first attempt....... :blink:

lol, way to smack him down.. I'm sure he's gonna feel good reading all this crap :(

But yea, it does seem to need work, just try to clean it up some and try those tabs Relativity posted.