Windows XP SP2 RC2 Now released!

Indeed, and anyone posting a direct link to the SP will face account problems :)

Radish?

You all will prolly have to wait since theres only the network installers which is big and i dont think many people will host it although, you can wait for the express installer!

Yeah guys. I retract my earlier ygpm offer. :blush:

Getting the download (which is pretty big,) at decent d/l speeds is a p.i.t.a :angry:

Its worth it though.

yeah downloading it now. thanks for the head up!

I can imagine MS sent out emails to me about it.. but hey the sooner I download it.. the better speed i get :)

I just checked in the Images folder...and grabbing the 2149 XP Professional CD also.....

xpsp2_2149_usa_x86fre_procd1.iso

Download Location: Redmond, United States

Professional Edition CD

CD Image File, 579.02 MB

it wont download from the beta site for me :( It opens up the MS Transfer Manager and it just sits there and says active but it never downloads anything and says 0.0KB/s in the transfer speed until the whole thing times out.......anybody have any suggestions? I already tried removing the activex control and reinstalled it but still no go.

It depends how you read the rule, even from a moderating point of view.

"This includes linking to software" so everyone who posted a link to even a DIRECT link is in actual fact abusing the rules, but then this is a software thread... and the argument could then be, the rules can be stretched and not broken.

it wont download from the beta site for me :( It opens up the MS Transfer Manager and it just sits there and says active but it never downloads anything and says 0.0KB/s in the transfer speed until the whole thing times out.......anybody have any suggestions? I already tried removing the activex control and reinstalled it but still no go.

Site is getting hammered. :pinch:

Microsoft's servers are being hammered right now with all those testers downloading at one time. Might want to wait a while for everything to settle down!

I just checked in the Images folder...and grabbing the 2149 XP Professional CD also.....

xpsp2_2149_usa_x86fre_procd1.iso

Download Location: Redmond, United States

Professional Edition CD

CD Image File, 579.02 MB

What are the image files? Are they XP with SP2 integrated already?

Yeah, it's a common occurence. I know many fellow beta testers who are having this problem. It's why I edited my comments earlier.

Microsoft's servers are being hammered right now with all those testers downloading at one time. Might want to wait a while for everything to settle down!

its been like this for over a month. I had to get my last build off of bittorent even though I am a valid tester :crazy:

What are the image files? Are they XP with SP2 integrated already?

Yes, they are SP2 integrated builds with time bomb

Anyway, for those that are whining about the Download Manager. Do no use SP2 XP to download. Unless you lower the ActiveX security, you will have difficulties downloading.

Also, be more patient. I haven't been forced to download through BitTorrent like some of you did. It is really not that bad.

is this RC2 the final release of SP2 ??? (sorry for my ignorance)

if so we'll have to wait a few hours for direct links to downloads.. :/

No its not a final, Just a release candidate before the final.

is this RC2 the final release of SP2 ??? (sorry for my ignorance)

if so we'll have to wait a few hours for direct links to downloads.. :/

RC2 is release candidate 2.

and no it is not final release. You should expect the public release of RC2 sometime

Since yall think Creamy is wonderful, you might as well wait for him to find out when public release is

RC2 is release candidate 2.

and no it is not final release. You should expect the public release of RC2 sometime

Since yall think Creamy is wonderful, you might as well wait for him to find out when public release is

Its all change, depends how many bugs are found in RC2. If a lot then expect RC3. If all goes well, then pretty soon...

RC3 is rare. I would not expect RC3 coming. it will be either RC1 or RC2, or post RC2 builds, and which ever is more stable than the others will be chosen as final

I have a suspicion that since they've worked all through the weekend to polish off RC2 - there will be no RC3 but gold by the end of the month. :D

,Jun 14 2004, 22:42] Going @ 4.8k/sec. Sure it will take an eternity, but what else do I have to do.

Bingo.

Edited by sentio