Firefox 0.9 Release On Track for tonight!

EDIT: It will be posted eventually I hope look for it at the link below sooner or later in a folder called /0.9/

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

The Mozilla Zine forums are reporting that firefox will still be released tonight unlike many users thinking it will be released tomorrow due to two final bugs blocking its release. Firefox 0.9 is a feature complete release that is intended to set the stage for the 1.0 release in the coming months. Once 0.9 is complete the builds leading up to the 1.0 Final release will be focused on squashing all remaining bugs in the firefox branch. Ben Goodger the lead developer confirmed that firefox 0.9 will still be released tonight in the mozilla zine forums a little while ago. Very good news isn't it?

Ben Goodger:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=577399#577399

11:40AM PDT and still no 0.9!!!!

... oh wait.

:p

I still haven't checked in the version string change.... or one or two other last minute goodies... so it's not going to be until tonight PDT.

This is good news for firefox fans! I wonder what those last minute goodies will be...

Edited by [Thrice]

I think its stupid that they are releasing tonight. They need to fix the last "blocking" bug and also polish up the theme. Plus there are still numerous bugs that should only take at least 2 days to fix most of them. Get that crap fixed then release after the core is update with the Mozilla 1.7 core!!

I think the way ben described it he may have fixed the bugs? I am not quite sure.. its unusual for such a late release.. the RC release was at like 1am CST.. and its 6:38pm CST now.. so its definetly a rush job I agree.. but do remember 0.9 is a beta still truly.. 1.0 is the bug squashing final.

thats great!

just a query though, i have downloaded and customized the settings of some of the extensions or plugins you can download, when i installed a new version like 0.9 does it keep the settings assuming i install into same directory? Or do i need to go through and customize again?

Cheers,

Ry :laugh:

"la la la...

who feels like going to see a movie!

:D

waiting for some last minute goodness from jst, and kerz to finish work and have dinner, got some laundry to do etc ;)"

latest post from ben on 0.9, lol.

edit: was 4 hours ago, i guess, so hopefully soon. :D